“Mr. Rosenthal serves as attorney-in-charge of the Firm's Labor and Employment Group in Nevada and California.”
Mr. Rosenthal's practice emphasizes providing counseling and litigation services to businesses and individuals regarding employment contracts, non-compete agreements, trade secrets, discrimination and sexual harassment, wage and hour laws, collective bargaining, shareholder disputes, and mergers and acquisitions.
Mr. Rosenthal has extensive courtroom experience and frequently appears in state and federal courts in Nevada and California as well as various administrative agencies, such as the National Labor Relations Board, Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Nevada Equal Rights Commission, California Department of Fair Employment and Housing, and Department of Labor.
He regularly conducts trainings and seminars on a wide range of issues, including sexual harassment, employee leave laws, internal investigations, employee handbooks, and marijuana in the workplace.
- University of San Francisco School of Law, 1994
- McGill University, 1988
- American Bar Association
- Clark County Bar Association
- Nevada, 1997
- California, 1994
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California, 2019
- U.S. Court of Appeals, D.C. Circuit, 2018
- U.S. District Court, District of Nevada, 1997
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California, 1997
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California, 1997
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California, 1997
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit, 1997
- The Best Lawyers in America©, 2012-2021
- Mountain States Super Lawyers, 2014-2021
Obtained complete defense verdict as lead trial counsel on behalf of international airline company in “me too” sexual harassment case after month-long jury trial. Argueta v. Worldwide Flight Services, Inc., Case No.: BC703825 (Los Angeles Superior Court, April 16, 2020).Edit
Successfully enforced non-compete agreements and obtained preliminary injunctions in multiple cases on behalf of national seafood restaurant chain.Edit
Successfully defended multiple wage and hour class action matters on behalf of various clients, including international airline company, technology business and international construction company.Edit
Obtained summary judgment in favor of international gaming company in age discrimination case. Kocienski v. NRT Technologies, Inc., Case No. 2:16–CV–00905–JCM–CWH (U.S.D.C. Nev. March 15, 2018).Edit
Successfully enforced trade secrets contractual provision and obtained preliminary injunction on behalf of national seafood restaurant chain.Edit
Successfully negotiated long-term collective bargaining agreement on behalf of national airport security company against Union of Federation of Police, Security, & Correction Officers.Edit
Obtained court order enforcing binding arbitration agreement for all employee disputes on behalf of international airline company.Edit
Successfully defended Las Vegas casino in racial discrimination lawsuit. Zhang v. Wynn Las Vegas, Case No. 2:14-cv-00761-JCM-PAL (U.S.D.C. Nev. 2015).Edit
Obtained money judgment as lead trial counsel on behalf of software company against international travel business for breach of contract and fraud.Edit
- Nevada Association of Corporate Counsel, "Marijuana in the Workplace," February 28, 2019, Las Vegas, NV.
- Lorman Education Services, "The Family Medical Leave Act: Employee Certification and Notification Requirements," October 17, 2018, Las Vegas, NV.
- International Car Rental Show, "Protect Your Work Environment from Sexual Harassment," April 16, 2018, Las Vegas, NV.
- AM 1460, Radio La Voz, "Medical and Recreational Marijuana in the Workplace," September 20, 2017, Las Vegas, NV.
- Nevada Association of Corporate Counsel, "Practical Pointers to CYA When Drafting Business Contracts," March 26, 2015, Las Vegas, NV.
- Nevada Association of Corporate Counsel, "Solutions to Problems You Didn't Know You Had: Your Non-Compliant Social Media Policy," "Day One of a Customer's Bankruptcy," and "Making Sure Your Cloud Doesn't Go Up in Smoke," March 25, 2014, Las Vegas, NV.
- Nevada Association of Corporate Counsel, "Substance Abuse, Addictive Disorders and Mental Health Issues in the Legal Profession," December 5, 2013, Las Vegas, NV.
- National Business Institute, Employment Laws Made Simple, "Sensitive Issues: Substance Abuse and Leaves of Absence," May 8, 2013, Las Vegas, NV.
- International Limousine, Charter and Tour Operators and Exhibiting Suppliers (LTC) Show, "The Complete HR Handbook," February 5, 2013, Las Vegas, NV.
- Lorman Education Services, "Protected Concerted Activities and Section 7 of the NLRA," November 9, 2012, Las Vegas, NV.