“My passion: leveraging 20+ years of practice to resolve problems and successfully complete business and real estate deals.”
Mark practices business and transactional law. His day-to-day work is primarily in entity formation, mergers and acquisitions, real estate deals, and financings. Given the complexities of modern business, he routinely addresses licensing, employment, intellectual property law, dispute resolution, bankruptcy, and other law matters.
Over the course of two decades, he has worked on business matters ranging in value from a few hundred dollars to over $500 million, both throughout the U.S. and Eastern and Western Europe. Mark’s clients, in turn, have ranged from mom-and-pop businesses to Fortune 500 companies throughout industries spanning technology, retail business, banking, manufacturing, cannabis, and so on. In recent years, one of his notable areas of practice has been representing Nevada’s most successful charter and private schools.
Mark previously spent five years in Geneva, Switzerland overseeing a German mass-claims compensation program. His unit resolved 35,000 Holocaust-era property loss claims, awarding $100 million to thousands of World War II survivors and their families.
- University of California, Berkley School of Law, 1996
- Order of the Coif (Top 10%)
- Georgetown University, 1991
- B.A., summa cum laude
- Rotary International
- Summerlin Chapter, 2018-present
- Nevada Foreclosure Mediation Program
- Foreclosure Mediator, 2009-2013
- Georgetown Alumni Club of Las Vegas
- Founding Member and Board Director, 2008-2014
- State of Florida Family Law Mediator, 2007-2010
- Nevada, 2008
- Florida, 2008
- New York, 2005
- California, 1997
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit, 2012
- U.S. District Court, District of Nevada, 2008
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit, 2006
- The Best Lawyers in America©, 2018-2024
- "Rule the School: Practice Tips in Representing Nevada Charter Schools." Communique, Clark County Bar Association, August 2017.
- "HOAs vs. Banks vs. Homeowners: Nevada Shifts Ground on Super-Priority HOA Liens." Nevada Lawyer Magazine, State Bar of Nevada, June 2016.
Counsel to an international home health care and care management company in its 2021 acquisition of over 40 companies across the U.S. for a combined purchase price of over $87MM.Edit
Counsel to a Nevada public charter school in its borrowing of $34.77MM (backed by tax-exempt bonds), to finance the school’s purchase of land and construction of a flagship K-12 campus.Edit
Local counsel to a U.S. bank consortium in the foreclosure of a $432MM loan on, and subsequent $150MM marketing of, Strip-adjacent land zoned for a large gaming resort in Las Vegas, NV, and housing an existing 996-unit apartment complex.Edit
Court-appointed receiver in charge of the assets and legal affairs of an insolvent medical partnership that lost up to $8MM in embezzled funds.Edit
Lead counsel to a Nevada charter school in the following matters: (1) $8.4MM and $3MM acquisitions of campuses in Las Vegas and Henderson, Nevada; (2) leasing of three campuses for 20 to 40 years; (3) construction of a new school facility on Nellis Air Force Base; and (4) numerous other matters, including student discipline, employment, public procurement, vendor, special education, and compliance matters.Edit
Lead counsel to a technology CEO in the $11MM purchase, and subsequent $16MM sale, of a Strip-adjacent, luxury residential/commercial building in Las Vegas, NV.Edit
Lead counsel to a European bank in the foreclosure upon, leasing, and subsequent $50MM sale of a luxury hotel/casino property located in Lake Las Vegas, NV (listed in the top 5 largest S. Nevada real estate deals in 2012).Edit
- Charter School Association of Nevada, "Crimes & Misdemeanors: Legal Issues in Student Discipline," September, 2018, Las Vegas, NV.
- Association of Corporate Counsel, "What Nevada Employers Need to Know About Marijuana in the Workplace—A Blunt Analysis," November, 2017, Las Vegas, NV.
- Legal Aid of Southern Nevada, "Contract Review 101," March, 2017, Las Vegas, NV.
- City of North Las Vegas, "The Legal Aspects of Buying and Selling a Business," August, 2016, Las Vegas, NV.
- Association of Corporate Counsel, "Unicorns, Fairies, the Perfect Contract, and Other Myths," July, 2016, Las Vegas, NV.
- Clark County Bar Association, Cultural Series Seminar, "International Law," March, 2010, Las Vegas, NV.
“Giving back has been, and will remain, an essential, life-long commitment on my part.”
Mark’s commitment has spanned decades, from working a suicide hotline in college, to staffing homeless shelters and food pantries in law school, to volunteering thousands of hours in attorney time throughout his career on pro bono projects. His service also continues today with (among other things) membership in Rotary International and volunteering from time to time for charities like Three Square, Toys 4 Smiles, Catholic Charities, the Salvation Army, and (as a proud, long-time head-shavee) St. Baldrick’s.