“I help clients navigate a broad range of healthcare and non-healthcare business transactional and related matters.”
Remaining focused on his clients’ business objectives–within the confines of applicable healthcare laws and regulations–is Aaron’s forte. As a transactional attorney, he frequently works with clients on corporate matters, pre-transaction considerations and preparedness, daily operational issues, transaction-specific deals (from initial discussions, transaction-specific deal agreements, and post-closing matters), real estate matters, compliance, and related matters.
In addition, Aaron frequently works with other individuals and entities regarding non-healthcare business matters. He takes great pride in understanding each client’s unique needs and working to achieve favorable outcomes.
Throughout his career, he has worked with physician groups/physicians, hospitals, private equity companies, dental practices/dentists, ambulatory surgery centers, pharmacies, healthcare management companies (physician practice management and dental service organizations), chiropractors, medical device companies, information technology companies, nursing homes, home health agencies, DMEPOS suppliers, and other healthcare-related businesses. Aaron counsels clients regarding regulatory fraud and abuse laws, such as federal (Stark) and state self-referral laws, federal and state anti-kickback laws (and related fraud and abuse laws), fee-splitting prohibitions, corporate practice of medicine laws, HIPAA and state privacy laws, federal and state information data breaches, information technology issues, and compliance-related matters.
- Michigan State University College of Law, 2008
- J.D., magna cum laude
- Michigan State University, 2004
- American Bar Association
- Health Law Section
- Michigan Bar Association
- Health Care Law Section
- Oakland County Bar Association
- Michigan, 2008
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan, 2008
- Michigan Super Lawyers, "Rising Stars," 2018-2019
- Providence-Providence Park Hospital, "Employment Agreement Considerations," May 2, 2018, Southfield, MI.
- Detroit Medical Center, "What to Consider When Negotiating an Employment Agreement," May 17, 2017, Detroit, MI.
- Henry Ford, "Employment Agreement Contractual Considerations," June 13, 2016, Detroit, MI.
- Michigan Association of Chiropractors (MAC), District Meeting, "Fraud and Abuse Laws and Contractual Considerations," September 9, 2015, Royal Oak, MI.
- Michigan Association of Chiropractors (MAC), 2014 MAC Fall Express Conference, "The Business of Chiropractic: An Ounce of Prevention is Worth a Pound of Cure," November 22, 2014, Mt. Pleasant, MI.