Mergers & Acquisitions
Meet your cross-functional, multidisciplinary M&A team.
We close deals. It may sound overly simplistic, but at the end of the day, that’s what we do and that’s the result our clients aim to achieve working with our Mergers & Acquisitions Practice Group. No matter the economics, nature of the business, assets and liabilities, or regulatory hurdles, our Deal Team H2 manages the entire transactional process and strives to bring the deal across the finish line.
This success is mainly due to our vast industry and market experience. We represent buyers and sellers and investors and lenders regarding businesses ranging from closely held, family owned companies to U.S. and international publicly traded companies. Our mergers and acquisitions attorneys are intimately familiar with all domestic and cross-border deal options, including:
- Mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, and combinations
- Asset and stock transactions
- Roll-ups and consolidations
- Takeover defense and advice
- Tender and exchange offers
- Proxy solicitations
- Public offerings and private placements of securities
- Joint ventures and strategic alliances
- Auctions and other bid processes
- Technology transfers
- Research and development relationships
- Going private and going dark transactions
- LBOs and management buyouts
- Employee stock ownership plans
- Recapitalizations and bankruptcies
- Cryptocurrency exchange and custodial services
Howard & Howard attorneys closely collaborate with in-house counsel, executives, and directors, while working alongside investment bankers, local and foreign counsel, regulators, accountants, and other advisors to address every detail during the due diligence, document drafting, negotiation, and closing process.
We also credit our ongoing success to a cross-functional “Flexible Deal Team” approach that allows us to assign the best person to each task, regardless of the transaction’s scope, size, or location. This method is easily scaled, delivering value to clients across the board. It is especially beneficial in larger, auction-style processes with multiple competing buyers; in those instances, a “Core Deal Team” of two or more lead attorneys is supported by “Flex Teams” of attorneys and paralegals who respond to multiple potential purchasers and conduct parallel negotiations, providing efficient services to the client.
Efficiency is paramount at Howard & Howard, so when deal events trigger questions in other areas of the law, our M&A attorneys consult with colleagues, whether down the hall or across the country, to address potential risks and opportunities stemming from:
- Taxation: assumption of liabilities, loss carryovers, earn-outs, depreciation and amortization requirements, double taxation, capital gains treatment, debt capacities, and equity infusion
- Intellectual property: registered and unregistered assets, ownership and chain of title, liens and security interests, and assignments and transfers
- Environmental: contamination, disclosures and warranties, products liabilities, manufacturing procedures, and statutory and regulatory compliance
- Labor, employment, and immigration: employment policies, employee benefits programs, executive compensation, confidentiality and non-compete agreements, labor contracts and union relationships, and compliance with local/state/federal/foreign employment regulations
- Real estate: location strategy, leasing decisions, facilities and physical asset management, and transfer of title
- Finance: capital adjustments, lines of credit, debt and equity financing, and securities registrations and offerings
Howard & Howard’s dynamic mergers and acquisitions team has the collective experience, skill, and wisdom to serve as your go-to advisors throughout any stage of a transaction. We’re committed to our clients’ success. Simply put, we close deals.