“I am a litigation attorney who works with clients to cost-effectively solve problems.”
Tim has assisted clients in the areas of contract disputes, business torts, real estate, commercial leases, construction claims, shareholder disputes, injunctive relief, insurance coverage disputes, medical expenses, trust litigation, and the exercising of creditors’ rights through workout scenarios, as well as foreclosure and replevin proceedings. He has assisted employers with litigation involving Title VII, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, the Family and Medical Leave Act, federal wage and hour claims, interpretation of employment contracts, restrictive covenants, non-compete agreements, non-solicitation agreements, civil rights administrative proceedings, unemployment claims, and investigations of alleged workplace misconduct. Tim has further assisted in multiple arbitration disputes involving broker-dealers under the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority. He has also assisted municipal entities.
- Washington University in St. Louis, School of Law, 2008
- Washington University in St. Louis, Olin School of Business, 2003
- Peoria County Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Business and Securities Law and Labor and Employment Sections Councils
- The Abraham Lincoln American Inn of Court
- Illinois, 2008
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois, 2014
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Illinois, 2014
- U.S. District Court, Central District of Illinois, 2009
- Illinois Super Lawyers, "Rising Stars," 2015-2019
- Illinois Leading Lawyers, "Emerging Lawyer," 2015-2019
- Peoria Magazine, "40 Leaders Under Forty," 2014
- Community Bankers Association of Illinois, HR Update—'Hot Topics' & Recent Employment Trends/Developments, "Politics or Policy" and "Documentation—What, When, How & Why," June 2, 2015, Springfield, IL.
- Peoria County Bar Association, Employment Law and Workers Compensation Seminar, "Discrimination/Retaliation Law Update," January 24, 2015, Peoria, IL.
- National Business Institute, "Human Resources Law: What You Need to Know Now," September 17, 2014, East Peoria, IL.
- Sterling Education Services, Inc., "Employment Law Beyond the Basics," June 5, 2014, Champaign, IL.
- Chicago Bar Association, Provisional Remedies Seminar, "Preliminary Injunctions," October 30, 2013, Chicago, IL.
Tim serves on the board of directors for the local chapter of the Red Cross (co-chairing its Philanthropy Committee), the board of trustees for the Morton Community Foundation, as a co-chair of the Legal Services Division for the Campaign Cabinet of the Heart of Illinois United Way, and is a member of the Morton Rotary. He previously served terms on the board of directors for Family Core and Community Workshop & Training Center (CWTC), was the chairperson for the Morton Business District Development and Redevelopment Commission, served on the Morton Micro Grant Review Committee, was a member of the Young Leaders Board at Illinois Cancer Care, was a mock trial judge for Bradley University, and co-chaired the Peoria County Bar Association’s Project Santa program.