“I am a business attorney who advises and assists clients with business transactions and commercial litigation matters.”
Mr. Davis has more than 35 years of experience in assisting clients with all of their business needs, from formation of the business through contracts, commercial business dealings, and, if necessary, litigation. He has formed hundreds of businesses, dealt with thousands of contracts, and litigated numerous business matters through arbitration, court trial, and jury trial. Mr. Davis attempts to avoid costly litigation if possible, but has the knowledge and experience to ensure the best possible result if litigation is the only remaining alternative.
- Marquette University Law School, 1982
- J.D., cum laude
- American Jurisprudence Awards: Agency and Trusts and Estates
- Marquette University, 1979
- B.S., magna cum laude, Business Finance
- State Bar of Nevada
- Business Law Section
- Executive Committee, 1992-2000
- Consumer Protection Committee, Chair, 1988-1996
- Business Law Section
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- Business and Labor Law Sections
- American Bar Association
- American Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Clark County Bar Association
- Family and Child Treatment of Southern Nevada
- Board of Directors, former President
- Nevada, 1982
- Wisconsin, 1982
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit, 1993
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit, 1983
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit, 1983
- U.S. District Court, District of Nevada,1982
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin, 1982
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Wisconsin, 1982
- The Best Lawyers in America©, 2014-2019
- Martindale-Hubbell® AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rating
Provided counsel to numerous business entities including a large restaurant franchisee in Nevada and California, small and mid-size medical practitioners in Nevada, contractors and construction companies in Nevada and surrounding states, and architects in Nevada and California.
Represented numerous businesses or individuals seeking enforcement of contractual or other rights, including a $1MM+ jury verdict for an unpaid architect in California, a $2MM+ jury verdict for an unpaid contractor in Nevada, defense of an improper $300,000 commission claim in a Nevada arbitration, and defense of an improper eviction attempt in a Colorado jury trial.
- Mr. Davis has been a speaker at numerous business and legal presentations, including corporate law, employment law, and business litigation.