“I am an attorney who provides corporate counsel to businesses and financial institutions on a variety of matters.”
With over 27 years of experience, Scott has represented the world’s largest financial institutions in complex restructurings and syndicated transactions, as well as regional institutions in all aspects of lending and finance. He provides counsel to a wide range of mid-market and multinational corporations on complex transactional disputes and general corporate and litigation matters.
- American University, Washington College of Law, 1990
- Emory University, 1987
- Chicago Bar Association
- Bankruptcy and Reorganization Committee, 1992-1993
- Litigation Counsel of America, Fellow
- Illinois, 1991
- New York, 1991
- District of Columbia, 1991
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois, 1991
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit, 1991
- Illinois Super Lawyers, 2008-2019
- Illinois Leading Lawyers, 2013-2019
- Wheeler Financial, Inc. v. Law Bulletin Publishing Co.; appeal from the Circuit Court of Cook County, Illinois, Trial Court No. 14 L 9581, Appellate Court No. 1-17-1495; 2018 IL App (1st).
- BMO Harris Bank N.A. v. IKE Services LLC, Eric Isaacson, Kimberly Isaacson, 11 CH 5140, Bankruptcy Case No. 13-20227; Appellate Court No. 3-13-0908.
- BMO Harris Bank N.A. v. William R. Kautz, et al., 13 CH 2101, Appellate Court No. 2-14-0399; 2014 IL App (2d) 140399.
- BMO Harris Bank, N. A. v. Victor Garcia; Lupe’s Body Shop, Inc., 10 CH 35697, Appellate Court Case No. 1-12-0403; 2013 IL App (1st) 120403-U.
- Jeffrey Strange v. Monogram Credit Care Bank of Georgia, Case No. 96-2903; 129 F.3d 943 (7th Cir. 1997).
- In re: William Duke, Case No. 95-2029; 79 F.3d 43 (7th Cir. 1996).