“I am an attorney practicing in appellate and trial litigation nationwide.”
Michael handles a variety of matters including products liability, employment litigation, and general commercial and contractual disputes. Over the past decade, he has litigated matters in 25 different states, and argued cases in federal appellate courts, state courts of appeal, and state supreme courts.
In courtrooms, agencies, and tribunals across the country, we pursue our clients’ interests–both cost-effectively and with positive results.
- Michigan State University College of Law, 2005
- J.D., magna cum laude
- University of Michigan, 2002
- B.A., with distinction
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Oakland County Bar Association
- Michigan, 2005
- Illinois, 2006
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit, 2018
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit, 2014
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin, 2013
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Tennessee, 2012
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit, 2012
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois, 2011
- U.S. District Court, Central District of Illinois, 2011
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit, 2010
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit, 2006
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Michigan, 2006
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan, 2005
- Michigan Super Lawyers, "Rising Stars," 2010-2011; 2013-2018
- dbusiness, "Top Lawyers," 2013-2014; 2016; 2018
- Successfully defended and resolved hundreds of medical device products liability cases nationwide, through summary judgments, mediations, and informal settlement negotiations.
- Successfully petitioned Ohio Supreme Court for discretionary review of an issue of first impression regarding statutory damages caps as applied to defamation claims and obtained a favorable decision for our hospital client.
- Successfully defended a hospital/employer in the Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals where the Court affirmed a summary judgment decision in favor of our client where a former employee claimed discrimination and retaliation under Title VII and Illinois law, and failure to accommodate under the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Defended a private utility company before the Michigan Court of Appeals and Michigan Supreme Court in a high stakes tax valuation dispute, obtaining favorable decisions from the appellate courts.