“I am a patent attorney that focuses on building and maintaining intellectual property value for my clients.”
Michael concentrates his practice in intellectual property law with a focus on patent preparation and prosecution. In particular, he advises and strategizes with his clients to obtain meaningful patent protection in the United States and foreign jurisdictions. Additionally, he focuses his practice on counseling his clients in clearance/freedom-to-operate issues for both current and future product lines and various strategies for management of their global intellectual property portfolios.
Michael joined Howard & Howard in 2012 as an intellectual property intern, where he worked full-time during the day and attended law school in the evenings. Prior to joining Howard & Howard, he worked as a mechanical engineering co-op for DTE Energy, as a technical intern in the engineering department of Valeo, and as an undergraduate researcher in Oakland University's Mechanical Engineering Department.
- University of Detroit Mercy School of Law, 2016
- Dean's Scholarship
- Book Awards Recipient (highest grade in class): Patent Law; Intellectual Property Clinic; Property Law; Criminal Law; Applied Legal Theory and Analysis
- Oakland University, 2012
- B.S., Mechanical Engineering; Minor, Chemistry
- Michigan Intellectual Property Law Association
- Michigan, 2017
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, 2018
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America, 2024