“I am an attorney who assists clients in planning and executing strategic business and personal transactions.”
Ms. Corrigan regularly represents businesses and business owners in a myriad of complex business and personal matters. She assists clients on an ongoing basis, from startup through the sale or transfer of the business.
Mary additionally assists business clients with complex financial issues, including commercial collections.
She also advises individual clients with the preparation and execution of their estate plans. Mary works closely with clients to ensure that their estate plans achieve desired results, including taking care of the people and organizations who are most important to the client and achieving tax savings where appropriate.
- The John Marshall Law School, 1985
- Monmouth College, 1982
- B.A., English, Government
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Peoria County Bar Association
- Illinois, 1988
- Missouri, 1985
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois, 2010
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Illinois, 2009
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit, 1989
- U.S. District Court, Central District of Illinois, 1987
- Illinois Leading Lawyers, 2014-2021
- Peoria Magazine, "40 Leaders Under 40," 1998
- "Shareholders’ Agreements." Illinois Business Law: Choice of Entity, Illinois Institute of Continuing Legal Education, Co-Author, 2020 Ed., 5-1—5-74.
- Advised minority shareholder of closely held company with issues related to transition of ownership from older generation to younger generation. Representation related to ongoing management of company. Edit
Lead negotiation and oversight for multimillion-dollar sale of majority interest in two companies, including drafting of contribution agreement, operating agreements, non-competition agreements, consulting agreement, assignment documents, and other corporate documentation and consents.Edit
- Led negotiation and drafting of complicated workout agreement between multiple creditors and debtors, including settlement agreement and promissory notes. Edit
Led negotiation and drafting for $2.3MM purchase of insurance business, including drafting of asset purchase agreement, disclosure schedules, assignment documents to transfer obligations to purchaser, along with other corporate documentation and consents, including director consents.Edit
Lead negotiation and drafting of multimillion-dollar sale of business with multiple locations, including negotiation and drafting of asset purchase agreements, disclosure schedules, assignment documents to transfer obligations to purchaser, along with other corporate documentation and consents, including director consents.Edit
- 2018 Women of Influence Forum, "The Good, the Bad, the Ugly: What To Do When Life Takes You By Surprise," December 4, 2018, East Peoria, IL.
- 2017 Women of Influence Forum, "The Sandwich Generation: Addressing The Needs Of Our Aging Parents And Our Children (At The Same Time)," December 5, 2018, East Peoria, IL.
- 2016 Women of Influence Forum, "Transition Planning In Life," December 6, 2016, East Peoria, IL.
- 2016 Commercial Law & Litigation Seminar, "Business Succession Planning Basics," January 16, 2016, Peoria, IL.
- National Business Institute Seminar, "The Probate Process From Start To Finish," September 28, 2015.
- ISBA 9th Annual Solo Small Firm Conference, "Essentials of Estate Planning: An Overview of Estate Planning Tools," October 5, 2013, Itasca, IL.
“I am a supporter of Monmouth College and proud member of their Alumni Board of Directors.”
Mary is an active volunteer in the Peoria area. She is the immediate past president of the Monmouth College Alumni Board and is a member of the board of directors for the Susan G. Komen Memorial Affiliate in Peoria. She additionally serves as a member of the Third District Committee on Character and Fitness appointed by the Illinois Supreme Court.
Mary has previously served as a member of the board of directors and/or an officer for multiple organizations, including the Sun Foundation for Advancement in the Environmental Sciences and Arts, Peoria Area Chamber of Commerce, the Peoria County Bar Association, and the Standing Committee on Law Office Management and Economics for the Illinois State Bar Association.