“I am a seasoned litigator who handles a variety of matters from business and commercial disputes to products liability.”
Mr. Peyser concentrates his litigation practice in the areas of business law, commercial litigation, complex insurance coverage, negligence, personal injury, police misconduct, products liability, and toxic torts.
He also serves as a case evaluator for both the Macomb County and Wayne County Circuit Courts, and is a certified mediator.
- Detroit College of Law, 1983
- Michigan State University, 1977
- Detroit Metropolitan Bar Association
- Environmental; Products Liability; Litigation; Tort and Insurance Law Sections
- Class of Foundation Fellows, 2016
- American Bar Association
- Business Law; Products Liability; Litigation; Tort and Insurance Law Sections
- State Bar of Michigan
- Business Law and Negligence Sections
- Association of Defense Trial Counsel
- Michigan Defense Trial Counsel
- Defense Research Institute
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America, Associate Member
- Macomb and Wayne County Mediation Tribunals, Mediator
- Michigan, 1983
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Michigan, 1990
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan, 1983
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit, 1983
- dbusiness, "Top Lawyers," 2010; 2012; 2014; 2018-2019
- Michigan Leading Lawyers, 2014-2019
- Michigan Super Lawyers, 2008-2019
- Top 100 Michigan Lawyers, 2013; 2015
- Top 50 Michigan Business Lawyers, 2013
- Civil and Criminal Litigation; Civil Litigation Defense
- Martindale-Hubbell® AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rating
- Judicial Edition, voted on by members of the judiciary
Defended a food processing company in an arbitration proceeding involving several real estate issues between adjoining land owners. Obtained a defense arbitration award of zero dollars in the client's favor when the claimant sought over $1.3MM, and obtained a full award of damages on our client's counterclaim.Edit
Represented a business broker who was denied his commission despite his role in effectuating the sale of a multimillion-dollar waste hauling business. After a hotly contested proceeding, we successfully negotiated a very favorable resolution for our client.Edit
Represented a large commercial retail operation in an easement dispute between property owners in a large mall development. Our representation included argument before the Michigan Court of Appeals, who reversed the trial court's summary disposition ruling against our client, and instead, entered a summary disposition order in our client's favor.Edit
Represented several insurance companies in numerous coverage dispute matters where millions of dollars of claims were asserted. We successfully obtained summary disposition rulings in favor of our clients. One such matter was the Dow Corning breast implant coverage litigation in which over $200MM in claims were asserted against numerous insurers. We acted as lead counsel in developing and implementing crucial litigation strategies that resulted in the court ruling in favor of our client in limiting the client's exposure, which lead to a very favorable settlement for our client.Edit
- Institute of Continuing Legal Education, Breakfast Basics Seminar, "Building Litigation Skills," October 7, 2014, Ann Arbor, MI.
- Michigan State University College of Law, Round Table, "Providing Career Advice to Law Students Interested in Pursuing Private Law Practice," January 17, 2013, East Lansing, MI.
“I am proud to support the goals of the Covenant House of Detroit and the Jamie Daniels Foundation.”
I am a member of the Howard & Howard Community Reinvestment Fund Committee, which raises and donates funds on a annual basis to a variety of worthy charitable causes in the metropolitan area.
I am a founder of the Matty's Friendsgiving, which is an annual event that raises funds for various charitable causes within the Detroit metropolitan area seeking to fight the opioid and mental health crisis.