“I am a well-rounded litigation attorney with experience across various industries, including healthcare and cannabis with a specific focus on distressed cannabis businesses.”
John Savage is an accomplished litigator, whose practice is primarily focused on business litigation. Prior to joining Howard & Howard, John developed a niche representing receivers appointed over cannabis businesses, including the first cannabis receivership in Nevada. He has also been engaged in personal injury defense and he’s defended clients in administrative disciplinary actions brought before the Nevada State Board of Medical Examiners and Nevada’s Cannabis Compliance Board.
Additionally, John serves as an arbitrator in cases assigned to the Court Annexed Arbitration program of the Eighth Judicial District Court of Clark County, Nevada.
In courtrooms, agencies, and tribunals across the country, we pursue our clients’ interests–both cost-effectively and with positive results.
- Pepperdine University School of Law, 2008
- John Carroll University, 2004
- B.S., cum laude, Psychology
- Nevada State Bar
- Cannabis Law Section
- Clark County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Cannabis Law and Policy
- International Cannabis Bar Association
- Nevada, 2009
- California, 2009
- U.S. District Court, Nevada
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- Nevada Cannabis Association, "Cannabis Receiverships: What Nevada Cannabis Businesses Should Know," February 23, 2022, webinar.
- American Bar Association, Cannabis Law and Policy Newsletter, 2022, publication.
- Clark County Bar Association Communique, 2021, publication.