“IP protection can be difficult to navigate. I work with clients on building strategies to maximize their IP protection.”
Joanna is a well-rounded attorney, who practices in many facets of intellectual property matters and IP litigation. She represents a wide array of clients, both nationally and internationally, on IP issues such as trademark development, protection, licensing and enforcement, trade dress, copyright, and trade secret protection, brand consistency, rights of publicity, and entertainment-related agreements. Joanna has extensive experience in international trademark protection and has resolved countless resolutions of trademark, domain name, copyright, and rights of publicity disputes. She also regularly advises clients on defamation claims and best practices in Internet and technology-related matters, such as domain name disputes, software and copyright licenses, and data privacy compliance.
Prior to starting her legal career, Joanna managed family and small businesses. With her complex understanding of the law and experience with business management, Joanna offers her clients expert, strategic advice when approaching all IP matters.
Outside the office, Joanna is an adjunct professor at the William S. Boyd School of law, where she teaches advanced level trademark courses.
- William S. Boyd School of Law, 2010
- Metropolitan State University of Denver, 1999
- B.A., Anthropology & History
- Leadership Henderson, Class of 2017
- Henderson Chamber of Commerce, Member
- Professional Association of Dive Instructors, Member
- U.S. District Court, Nevada
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 9th Circuit
- Mountain States Super Lawyers 2023
- University of Nevada Las Vegas, William S. Boyd School of Law, "Foreign Trademark Practice," March 2017, speaker.
- Legal Aid Center of Nevada, "Beyond the Basics: How to Legally Structure and Manage Your Business," August 27, 2012, speaker.
- State Bar of Nevada Young Lawyers Section, YLS Newsletter, "Intellectual Property Considerations For Website Owners," November 2013, author.
- Nevada Law Journal, "When the Governor Legislates: Post-Enactment Budget Changes and the Separation of Powers in Nevada," 2010, author.
- Nevada Civil Practice Manual, LexisNexis, 2012-2020, contributing author.