“I am a real estate and corporate attorney who strives to find efficient and cost-effective solutions for my clients.”
With a combined fifteen years of experience in the real estate industry as a managing real estate broker and attorney, Chris provides real world, practical solutions to his clients on a variety of real estate matters, including sales and acquisitions, leasing, eviction, landlord/tenant dispute resolution, and condominium formations and deconversions. Chris also acts a real estate co-counsel on litigation matters, including evictions, partitions, actions to quiet title, and breach of contract.
In addition to his broad real estate experience, Chris also acts as outside general counsel to businesses ranging from startups to publicly traded companies. He prides himself on being a "legal concierge" for his clients–handling matters personally and connecting clients with the perfect partner for any legal matter that may arise. Chris personally ensures that all of his clients' legal needs are met.
- The John Marshall Law School, 2009
- University of Illinois at Chicago, 2005
- The John Marshall Law School Alumni Association, Former President
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- Condominium Subcommittee
- Real Estate Investment Association
- Illinois, 2009
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois, 2010
- Illinois Super Lawyers, "Rising Stars," 2016-2022
- Illinois Leading Lawyers, "Emerging Lawyers," 2020-2021
- Connect Media, "Top Lawyers in Real Estate," 2020
- I am proud to have served on the transition team for the merger of The John Marshall Law School with the University of Illinois at Chicago. Having served as an adjunct professor at The John Marshall Law School teaching real estate drafting to third-year law students since 2017, I have the honor of being among the first adjunct to teach at the newly created UIC John Marshall Law School.
Represented franchisees for various national franchises on numerous issues including the sale and acquisition of existing franchises.Edit
Represented sellers and purchasers in over $500MM in real estate assets including personal residential, shopping centers, restaurants, manufacturing facilities, office buildings, hotel complexes, and other commercial portfolios.Edit
Counsel on real estate litigation matters including evictions, partitions, quiet title actions, breach of contract, and other real estate related causes of action.Edit
Represented landlords and tenants in a wide variety of simple and complex matters, including lease negotiations, evictions, commercial eviction defense, and lease workouts.Edit
Represented sellers and purchasers in over $100MM in equity and asset sales involving franchises, restaurants, construction, manufacturing, and other commercial enterprises.Edit
Outside general counsel to a wide variety of middle market, privately held, and public companies with annual revenues ranging from $50,000 to over $100MM.Edit
“I am proud to support the UIC John Marshall Law School for the opportunities they provide to working class students.”
As a parent, I am a proud financial supporter of St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital. The lifesaving treatments they provide to countless families is unparalleled.
Additionally, in furtherance of serving the legal community by making sure law students are "practice-ready," I am honored to teach the real estate drafting course to law students at the UIC John Marshall Law School. Teaching since 2016, I happily donate any teaching salary I receive to the student scholarship fund.