“Art is the managing attorney of the Las Vegas office with significant experience in gaming and intellectual property law.”
Art has a local, national, and international law practice focusing on business, gaming, and intellectual property law. Over the past 20 years, he has become one of the gaming industry’s most visible and well-connected intellectual property strategists. He works with entities around the world and across diverse segments of the industry, including game designers, system manufacturers, casino operators, and investors. Art evaluates, assists, and helps to protect his clients' ideas, concepts, and innovations. He has also been counsel to the Gaming Standards Association since shortly after its inception in 1998. As a hands-on attorney, Art provides his clients with the highest level of attention, counsel, and strategic guidance. He has been a lecturer in the gaming industry and has authored numerous gaming and intellectual property articles.
- Western Michigan University Cooley Law School, 1995
- J.D., cum laude
- University of Tennessee, 1989
- B.S., cum laude, Economics
- State Bar of Michigan
- Intellectual Property and Business Law Sections
- American Bar Association
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
Not licensed or admitted to practice law in the state of Nevada
- Michigan, 1996
- Multiple state and federal jurisdictions throughout the U.S.
- The State of Michigan Gaming Law Legal Resource Book, Co-author, 2nd ed., 1999.
- "The Interplay Between Antitrust and Intellectual Property." Northern Gaming Resource Guide, Co-author, 1999.
- "Gaming Intellectual Property Laws." Northern Gaming Resource Guide, Co-author, 1999.
- "Who Owns the Creation You Paid For?" The Law & Business Newsletter, Co-author, Spring, 1999.
- The State of Michigan Gaming Law Legal Resource Book, Co-author, 1st ed., 1998.