Comprehensive counsel for every intellectual property portfolio.
Creativity and innovation drive change. Whether your new ideas translate into products, processes, or works of art and authorship, it’s critical to safeguard those assets. That’s where Howard & Howard’s team of intellectual property attorneys step in. We not only help clients determine if and how to protect their innovations, but also devise strategies for monetizing and commercializing their work.
Our experienced engineers-turned-attorneys have backgrounds in mechanical, chemical, electrical, and aerospace engineering, and are admitted to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. From the drawing board to the negotiation table to the courtroom, our intellectual property lawyers counsel and provide representation across the following spectrum of domestic and international IP topics:
- Patent prosecution and litigation
- Trademark and service mark registration
- Copyright protection
- Licensing and merchandising agreements
- Trade name and corporate name selection
- Trade secret, nondisclosure, non-competition, anti-solicitation, and anti-piracy
- Technology acquisitions, sales, and transfers
- Artificial Intelligence in business
- Joint development agreements
- Technology audits related to mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, and dispositions
- Truth-in-Advertising, unfair competition, and unfair trade
- Privacy and publicity rights
- International, regional, and bilateral agreements
The clients we represent are as diverse as our skills and backgrounds. These include:
- Automotive and industrial vehicle suppliers
- Medical device manufacturers
- Chemical producers
- Electronics manufacturers
- Industrial equipment manufacturers
- Gaming operators, manufacturers, and suppliers
- Consumer products manufacturers
Clients rely on our attorneys’ pragmatism to understand even the most advanced designs and innovations. The commitment we have to our clients is inherent in our dedication to shaping the next generation of intellectual property attorneys. We offer a unique intern program for law school students concentrating in IP law. This program is detailed on the Intellectual Property Intern Program page.
Regardless of the size and nature of your business or the complexity of your IP portfolio and risks, Howard & Howard can develop and implement the strategies you need to achieve your goals and objectives.