“I advise entrepreneurs and owners of closely held companies on a wide range of sophisticated business and legal issues.”
As the prior CEO of a private equity firm, I managed the operations of multiple portfolio companies ranging in size from $15 million to over $300 million in sales which provide me with the ability to not only analyze sophisticated legal issues, but also appreciate the business and operational impact surrounding how those issues are resolved.
During my 40 plus years in the legal profession, I have handled over 25 acquisitions and dispositions of closely held companies and supervised two initial public offerings. I have also handled complex financing transactions including two public bond offerings. I have advised entrepreneurs and owners of closely held corporations assisting them in resolving a range of complex legal, business, financial, and personal issues. As a certified public accountant, I have the ability to comprehend complex financial issues and their legal and business significance.
- University of Michigan Law School, 1971
- J.D., cum laude
- Michigan State University, 1968
- B.A., with high honors
- Detroit Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Michigan Association of Certified Public Accountants
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Michigan, 1971
- Michigan Certified Public Accountant, 1973
- Michigan Leading Lawyers, 2014-2020
- dbusiness, "Top Lawyers," 2010
- Martindale-Hubbell® AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rating