“Business owners rely on me to advise them on strategies to protect and grow their assets, and achieve their goals.”
Tim has merged his transactional and litigation experience to become a trusted advisor to individuals and businesses facing challenges ranging from immediate operational issues to long-term objectives. He routinely advises startups on their organizational path, including inter-owner agreements to smoothly resolve conflicts and establish succession planning. When disputes arise between owners, he provides practical counsel with a goal of resolution through negotiation and, when required, litigation. Employment issues, vendor or customer disputes, and corporate governance are just a few areas that Tim has advised business owners on in the real estate, nonprofit, hospitality, construction, and advertising industries among others.
Tim's practice also includes a concentration on real estate transactions and litigation, including acquisitions and sales, lease issues, easements and covenants, construction, secured financing, and land use and zoning.
In courtrooms, agencies, and tribunals across the country, we pursue our clients’ interests–both cost-effectively and with positive results.
- The John Marshall Law School, 1981
- University of Illinois at Chicago, 1976
- Illinois State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Illinois, 1981
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois, 1981
- Illinois Leading Lawyers, 2014-2021
Provided counsel to an educational non-profit entity by creating various consulting and service agreements to manage relationships with vendors, the facility, and other constituent relationships to provide a reliable path for meeting objectives going forward.Edit
- Represented a property owner in a matter involving an illegal use of adjoining property that severely diminished the value of our client's property. Prior to our involvement, litigation had been ongoing for over two years. Once retained, we successfully resolved the controversy through alternative dispute resolution and negotiated payment of a substantial portion of our client's legal fees. Edit
- Represented a construction manager in the defense of a public funds lien claim relating to a municipal emergency call center. Following a 28-day trial over a 14-month period, we successfully obtained a defense judgment for our client and also a judgment in our clients favor on our counterclaim. Edit
- Successfully represented a digital marketing company in an action to stop a former employee from using proprietary information in a competitive business. The case was successfully mediated in front of a federal magistrate, resulting in the recovery of stolen information and a restrictive covenant that did not exist prior to the litigation. Edit
- Successfully assisted a group of approximately 35 investors in recovery of money invested in a nightclub. The LLC manager had commingled the investment with funds from a separate hedge fund to sustain the club. We coordinated return of monies with oversight from the Commodity Futures Trading Commission following litigation in federal and state court. Edit
- Representation of an industrial client whose neighbor was intent on leveraging concessions by using obsolete, but legal, recorded easements to restrict truck access to the plant. Reaching a deadlock, the parties were on the eve of filing suit. We worked with opposing counsel to ascertain previously abandoned easement access routes, thus avoiding costly and damaging litigation for our client. The parties operate to date using the easements created in the settlement. Edit