“I concentrate my practice in litigation, employment, corporate, and municipal law.”
His practice throughout the years has been quite diverse and although his primary focus has been litigation, he has also acted as general counsel for numerous companies and a suburban park district.
Mr. Riordan has tried scores of bench and jury trials in state and federal courts in Illinois and other states, involving personal injuries and commercial disputes. He has handled numerous matters before various administrative agencies, such as the Federal Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Illinois Department of Human Rights, and the Federal Aviation Administration.
Among other things, he has been responsible for a multimillion-dollar claim in the Federal Court of Claims for extras on a construction project, a suit in federal court for trademark infringement against a nationally known retailer and sports celebrity, the defense and prosecution of a number of claims arising out of non-competition agreements, and other aspects of employee-employer relationships.
Mr. Riordan was an assistant attorney general for the state of Illinois in the revenue litigation department from 1965-1966 and a special assistant attorney general for the state of Illinois.
- Northwestern University, Pritzker School of Law, 1965
- Loras College, 1962
- Chicago Bar Association
- Illinois, 1965
- Arkansas, 1986
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims, 2001
- U.S. District Court, District of Arizona, 1997
- U.S. District Court, District of Massachusetts, 1992
- Illinois Second Judicial Circuit Court, White County, 1986
- Illinois Court of Claims, 1980
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit, 1966
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois, 1965
- Illinois Leading Lawyers, 2010-2019
- Martindale-Hubbell® AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rating