“Litigator with over 35 years of experience in commercial, insurance, products, and construction litigation.”
Bob Graziani’s principal areas of practice include business litigation, insurance coverage and defense, products liability, construction defects, environmental law, and alternative dispute resolution.
Bob is experienced in managing and resolving complex insurance coverage and toxic tort cases for insurance companies and businesses. He represents and counsels insurance companies on a myriad of coverage issues, such as professional liability, general liability (primary and excess), first party property, employers liability, cyber liability, directors and officers, bad faith, and construction defects. Bob has successfully represented insurers on a broad range of coverage issues and has participated in groundbreaking federal and state court decisions upholding the rights of insurers. Bob has also represented manufacturers, distributors, retailers, and installers in commercial disputes and products liability cases, and has served as national/regional/state counsel for these matters.
Bob regularly prepares coverage analysis, opinions, and coverage positions on behalf of insurers. He has advised numerous buyers and sellers of businesses on the use of transactional liability insurance to manage the risks inherent in mergers and acquisitions. Bob also counsels clients on obtaining the appropriate insurance coverages for their business once a sale or purchase is complete, as well as providing guidance for existing businesses with respect to their insurance coverage needs and management based upon the operations and services they provide.
- University of Detroit Mercy School of Law, 1975
- General Motors Institute of Technology, 1972
- Federal Bar Association
- Eastern District of Michigan
- Society of Automotive Engineers
- Defense Research Institute
- Michigan Defense Trial Counsel
- Environmental Law Institute
- Italian-American Bar Association
- Michigan, 1975
- Ohio, 2013
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit, 1993
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Michigan, 1990
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan, 1975
- Michigan Leading Lawyers, 2014-2020
- dbusiness, "Top Lawyers," 2011-2014; 2016-2020
- Michigan Super Lawyers, 2010-2017
- Martindale-Hubbell® AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rating
- Represented insurance companies in numerous declaratory judgment actions arising from insurance coverage disputes and environmental contamination claims in Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, and Illinois. Edit
- Reviewed and counseled a number of manufacturers, distributors, and retailers with respect to setting up appropriate insurance coverage portfolios on a domestic and international basis. Edit
- Represented insurers in advising and resolving a number of high-exposure fire and property losses. Edit
- Counseled numerous businesses on the merits of Representation and Warranty Insurance for use in mergers and acquisitions. Edit
- Represented the state of Michigan's guaranty fund for over twenty years regarding claims against insolvent insurance companies licensed to do business in the State of Michigan. Edit
- Successfully defended Tier I and II companies in commercial disputes, preliminary injunctions, and product warranty recall matters. Edit
- Successfully defended a number of insurers in cases involving embezzlements in excess of a million dollars through fraudulent check writing, invoice padding, the issuance of false invoices, and computer fraud. Edit
- As a certified mediator, our representing attorney successfully resolved a number of claims and lawsuits in this form of alternate dispute resolution. Edit
- Defended an insurer in a multimillion-dollar Y2K claim in federal court resulting in an outright dismissal of the action. Edit
Served as national counsel for fuel tank litigation on behalf of a domestic automobile manufacturer.Edit
- Counseled and obtained a successful resolution of an insurance dispute involving PCB contamination of golf courses throughout the United States. Edit
- Lead counsel for a primary insurer in a multimillion-dollar insurance coverage action involving silicon gel breast implants. Edit
“I am on the board of Full Circle Foundation, providing support and job training for adults with special needs.”
Bob is very active in community affairs. He is a member of the board of directors for the Full Circle Foundation, which is a fully accredited charitable organization providing opportunities for increased independence for individuals in our community with special needs. The goal is to provide structured training programs where individuals with special needs can learn and develop practice skills that will allow them to function productively and contribute to their community.
Bob is also actively involved with Special Olympics, and has served as an elected council member for the city of Grosse Pointe Shores.