“I am a patent attorney who advises my clients on global IP issues, including patent prosecution and litigation counseling.”
Ms. Mohamedulla concentrates her practice in intellectual property law, focusing on patent application prosecution, preparation, and patent infringement litigation in chemical and mechanical technologies. She advises her clients on worldwide protection of intellectual property rights.
Prior to joining Howard & Howard, Ms. Mohamedulla was in corporate practice at The Dow Chemical Company, where she was patent counsel for its films technology. As patent counsel, she prepared and prosecuted patent applications, advised business groups on global intellectual property development, prepared transactional business arrangements, and managed outside counsel.
Ms. Mohamedulla previously acquired invaluable insight into the patenting process as a patent examiner in the United States Patent and Trademark Office. Specifically, she gained an inside perspective of issues considered by patent examiners when determining the patentability of an invention. While at the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, Ms. Mohamedulla examined patent applications in the chemical and semiconductor processing arts, including integrated circuits, chips, photoresists, photolithography, and other chemical processes.
After graduating law school, Ms. Mohamedulla practiced as an associate at a prominent general practice law firm in Washington, D.C. In this role, she prosecuted patent applications relating to liquid crystal technology and electrical and mechanical devices for LG Display Co., Ltd. and LG Chem Ltd. She also prepared non-infringement, invalidity, and product clearance opinions.
When ideas translate into products, processes, art, or authorship, we help clients protect their innovations and commercialize their work.
- George Mason University School of Law, 2004
- Michigan State University, 1999
- B.S., with high honors, Chemical Engineering
- Michigan Intellectual Property Law Association
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- American Bar Association
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity
- Fellow, 2021
- Michigan, 2009
- District of Columbia, 2005
- Virginia, 2004
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, 2005
- The Best Lawyers in America©, 2019-2022
- Michigan Super Lawyers, "Rising Stars," 2013-2015
- Michigan State University College of Law, guest professor, "Patent Application Preparation," 2016-2018, East Lansing, MI.
- Michigan State University College of Law, Round Table, "Providing Career Advice for Law Students Interested in Pursuing Private Law Practice," January 17, 2013, East Lansing, MI.