“I serve our clients by securing global patent protection for high-value products in competitive technology sectors.”
Paul manages all aspects of domestic and international patent preparation and prosecution in the electromechanical arts. With more than 10 years of legal experience, Paul develops and implements successful patent portfolio procurement strategies for complex and high-value products. A particular understanding and appreciation of the client's business direction and the competitive landscape facilitates advising clients on optimal allocation of business resources to pursue patent protection. Especially developed aspects of Paul's skill set include international prosecution and international continuation practice. He is adept in substantive and procedural requirements and best practices in Europe, Australia, Canada, China, and Japan. Paul also manages and executes comprehensive investigations to assist clients with successfully navigating freedom-to-operate considerations associated with product market entry and due diligence considerations associated with mergers and acquisitions.
- Michigan State University College of Law, 2008
- J.D., cum laude
- Jurisprudence Achievement Award, Patent Law
- University of Michigan, College of Engineering, 2005
- B.S., Mechanical Engineering
- Michigan IP Inn of Court
- Michigan Intellectual Property Law Association
Not licensed or admitted to practice law in the state of Michigan
- Illinois, 2008
- Iowa, 2015
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, 2008
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America, 2021-2024
- MidMichigan Innovation Center, "Patent Law Boot Camp," September 16, 2016, Midland, MI.
- Northern Illinois University College of Law, "Patent Law: Advanced Legal Research," June 20, 2014, DeKalb, IL.