“I am an attorney who advises businesses and individual clients on a variety of corporate and tax issues.”
Megan focuses her practice on both individual and business taxation as well as general corporate matters. Prior to joining Howard & Howard, she was a consultant at a Big 4 public accounting firm where she focused her practice on corporate and pass-through entity taxation as well as large, multinational mergers and acquisitions. Megan has advised clients throughout a variety of industries, including automotive, manufacturing, and healthcare. She has extensive experience advising foreign companies on U.S. tax issues.
In addition to her public accounting experience, much of Megan's corporate knowledge comes from her role as a legal advisor and active member of her family’s second-generation automotive manufacturing business. She is uniquely qualified to address the multitude of business, legal, and tax challenges that come with running a multigenerational, privately held company.
Megan also focuses on a variety of tax issues and tax incentive programs. She serves on the Firm's Opportunity Zone (OZ) Team and advises investors, business owners, and developers on how they can utilize this new tax program to their advantage. Megan also has extensive experience with state tax incentive programs, both in Michigan and other states. Her experience also includes federal tax incentive programs, such as New Markets Tax Credit, Low Income Housing Tax Credit, and Historic Preservation Tax Credit.
- Michigan State University College of Law, 2015
- J.D., summa cum laude
- Order of the Coif
- Faculty Scholarship
- Jurisprudence Achievement Awards: Business Enterprises and State & Local Taxation
- Best Brief Competition, Third Place
- Southeast Missouri State University, 2011
- B.S.B.A., magna cum laude, Financial Economics, Finance
- Michigan Women's Tax Association
- State Bar of Michigan
- Business Law and Taxation Sections
- Michigan, 2015
- Financial Executives International, “Opportunity Zones,” December 3, 2019, Royal Oak, MI.
- Novogradac 2019 Opportunity Zones Fall Conference, “Benefits and Considerations for Private High-Net Worth Investors and Family Offices,” October 24, 2019, Chicago, IL.
- Howard & Howard, "A-Z on Opportunity Zone Funds," November 13, 2018, Peoria, IL; November 14, 2018, Chicago, IL.