“Real estate investors seek my legal experience and advice in all aspects of transactions and development.”
A leading attorney in the Chicago real estate market, Mr. Aubel concentrates his decades of experience on acquisitions, commercial leasing, and dispositions, including the development of office buildings, shopping centers, condominium units, and high-end residences. His diverse clientele includes developers, condominium associations, retail businesses, government agencies, architects and designbank trust departments, and major nonprofit organizations. Individual clients include CEO's, attorneys, sports figures, and trust investors.
Inclusive in Mr. Aubel's practice are the business aspects of real estate investing, including forming and advising companies and partnerships in their day-to-day and strategic planning.
- Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago-Kent College of Law, 1986
- J.D., with honors
- Carnegie-Mellon University, 1983
- B.F.A., cum laude
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Corporation and Securities Law Section, Chair, 1991
- Chicago Bar Association
- American MENSA
- Michigan, 2019
- Illinois, 1986
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit, 1987
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit, 1987
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois, 1986
- Illinois Leading Lawyers, 2014-2019
- Who's Who in Chicago Real Estate, 2016-2018
- Martindale-Hubbell® AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rating
- Counsel to regional developer in acquisition, development, and financing of multiple mixed-use buildings in Chicago Opportunity Zones.
- Exceeded over $2B in residential transaction closings by volume.
Counsel to national nonprofit health club operator for $25MM acquisition and redevelopment of new headquarters complex, including negotiation and drafting of maintenance agreements, zoning variance planning, commercial leases, and parking facility sharing arrangements.