“I am a transactional attorney who assists clients in achieving goals using fair-minded, practical solutions.”
Mr. Logan represents clients in the automotive, manufacturing, software, gaming, and specialty chemical industries. His experience includes buying and selling businesses, counseling and managing litigation matters, structuring strategic alliance and joint ventures, assisting with technology exchanges and joint development activities, patent and copyright licensing (including software, data, and content licensing and software service arrangements), various manufacturing, supply chain and distribution arrangements, as well as assisting in the acquisition, leasing, and disposition of real estate. Mr. Logan often assists closely held businesses in the full spectrum of corporate services, including corporate formation, governance, succession planning, shareholder dispute resolution, acquisition/divestiture, and dissolution matters.
Prior to joining Howard & Howard, Mr. Logan served as assistant general counsel for Enthone Inc., where he negotiated various commercial agreements, including supply agreements, equipment sales and leasing arrangements, product consignment, sales agent/distributorship agreements, joint development and licensing agreements, and various real estate transactions. He also counseled and advised the C-suite management team in a variety of strategic matters, counseled the human resources department in employment matters, and managed and directed outside counsel in various litigation matters.
Business & Corporate
Our business is business–your business. We offer vast experience in a full array of corporate legal services.
- Detroit College of Law, 1998
- Loyola University Chicago, 1992
- B.A., with honors, History, English
- American Bar Association
- Michigan, 1998
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan, 1998
- Provides strategic guidance and general oversight for clients involved in business litigation matters. Edit
- Represents distributors and resellers in domestic and international matters. Edit
- Handled numerous real estate transactions, including acquisitions, development, and leasing issues. Edit
- Established joint ventures and provided business formation services for new entities of domestic clients expanding globally. Edit
- Handled numerous merger and acquisition transactions for privately held companies in various industries, including automotive, medical, aerospace, specialty chemicals, general manufacturing, and distribution. Edit
Lead counsel in the negotiation and drafting of documentation associated with a $50MM software licensing transaction on behalf of a technology company in the gaming industry for an international cruise line company.Edit
Lead counsel in the $80MM acquisition of a thermoplastic medical device company on behalf of a specialty plastics company.Edit
- Counsel to a Tier I automotive supplier in various OEM supply chain transactions, including resolution of complex supply chain dispute. Edit
- Counsel to a technology based machining company assisting in the spinoff from a larger manufacturing concern, and served as a general counsel to the company in a variety of commercial transactions. Edit
Co-founder, director, and officer of The Tuxedo Project, a nonprofit organization.
The Tuxedo Project is dedicated to neighborhood blight removal and revitalization in the city of Detroit.
I am an avid outdoor enthusiast and conservationist, and member of Ducks Unlimited, Trout Unlimited, Ruffed Grouse Society, and Wooden Canoe Heritage Association.