“As a commercial litigator, I prosecute and defend business disputes.”
Mr. Weiland is an experienced business litigation attorney, who has represented clients in a wide variety of business-related disputes across a broad spectrum of industries. His practice focuses on representing clients in complex commercial litigation, including contract disputes, business torts, employment matters, intellectual property issues, and other business disputes, as well as products liability claims. Mr. Weiland has significant trial, arbitration, and mediation experience.
- The University of Iowa College of Law, 2010
- J.D., with distinction
- Thomas M. Cooley Law School, 2007-2008
- Iowa State University, 2005
- B.A., with distinction
- Clark County Bar Association
- Nevada, 2010
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit, 2018
- U.S. District Court, District of Nevada, 2010
- Mountain States Super Lawyers, "Rising Stars," 2017-2019
- Nevada Business Magazine, "Best Up & Coming," 2016-2018
- Representation of a construction supply company in a wrongful termination action. We obtained a defense verdict in arbitration.
- Representation of a window company in a breach of contract action where we obtained a trial verdict in favor of our client on its affirmative claims, while also receiving a complete defense verdict with respect to the defendant's counterclaims.
- Representation of an architecture firm in a breach of contract and fraud matter. We obtained a jury verdict in excess of $900,000, as well as a finding that our client was entitled to an award of punitive damages as a result of the defendants' conduct. The case settled before the punitive damages phase.
- Representation of an individual in a real estate dispute where we obtained a defense verdict in arbitration and received an award of attorney's fees and costs incurred in defending the action.