“I am passionate about learning my client's business, and creating innovative IP solutions to protect their R&D.”
Jake Woolbright has more than 10 years of experience in the field of intellectual property law. His practice includes due diligence, counseling, patent prosecution, and reexamination for Fortune 500 clients. He counsels clients on a wide range of matters, including strategic patent procurement, pre-litigation matters, infringement issues, enforceability, and validity analysis.
A significant portion of Jake's practice is focused on managing all aspects of intellectual property for new product development. As part of this practice, Jake dives deep into the economics for each product, and identifies right-size solutions to build a robust portfolio and manage IP risk.
- Michigan State University College of Law, 2009
- J.D., magna cum laude
- Michigan Technological University, 2006
- B.S., cum laude, Chemical Engineering
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Michigan Intellectual Property Law Association
- Michigan, 2015
- Ohio, 2009
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, 2009
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio, 2009
- Michigan Super Lawyers, "Rising Stars," 2017-2019