“I am a trial attorney who focuses on commercial and intellectual property disputes and products liability litigation.”
Mr. Van Dyke has substantial trial experience with the litigation of matters in both federal and state courts. He represents both domestic and international clients in a range of commercial disputes. In addition to his work in commercial litigation, Mr. Van Dyke has experience in the defense of high-profile products liability cases involving medical devices and chemicals. This experience includes injury actions related to exposure to toxic substances as well as liability cases involving explosions and fires.
Mr. Van Dyke represents medical professionals in the defense of professional liability matters, including representation before the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation. He is a registered pharmacist; his education and experience with pharmaceuticals and chemicals have been useful in many areas of litigation, including products liability actions ranging from explosions and fires to toxic exposures and surgically implanted medical devices.
Mr. Van Dyke is a registered patent attorney. He represents large corporations in intellectual property cases involving biotechnological, mechanical, chemical, electrical, optical, and pharmaceutical issues. His intellectual property litigation experience spans the areas of patent, trademark, and copyright infringement.
In courtrooms, agencies, and tribunals across the country, we pursue our clients’ interests–both cost-effectively and with positive results.
- Drake University Law School, 1990
- University of Iowa, 1983
- B.S., Pharmacy
- Litigation Counsel of America
- Trial Law Institute
- Diversity Law Institute
- Federal Bar Association
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Barrister, Order of Veritas.
- Illinois, 1990
- California, 2013
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, 2001
- U.S. District Court, Eastern and Western Districts of Arkansas, 2020
- Supreme Court of the United States, 2018
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado, 2017
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas, 2015
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin, 2015
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Wisconsin, 2014
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit, 2013
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan, 2013
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit, 2011
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana, 1999
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois, Trial Bar, 1994
- Supreme Court of Illinois, 1990
- Federation of Defense & Corporate Counsel
- Senior Fellow, Litigation Counsel of America
- The Society of Trial Lawyers
- Illinois Leading Lawyers, 2014-2021
- Illinois Super Lawyers, 2014-2016; 2018-2019