“I am a patent attorney and a mechanical engineer with broad experience in the automotive, medical, and life science industries, as well as a growing focus on artificial intelligence applications.”
Mr. McGee concentrates his practice in intellectual property law with a focus on patent preparation, prosecution, clearance work, and opinions in the mechanical arts. He regularly advises clients, both in the United States and abroad, on how to leverage their technology and engineering talent by securing and enforcing their intellectual property rights.
Mr. McGee leads the firm’s artificial intelligence taskforce and is adept at navigating the complex considerations unique to AI applications. He offers practical guidance on AI compliance, best practices, and policy formulation. Mr. McGee is committed to helping clients harness AI technology with efficient and streamlined approaches while ensuring that their intellectual property remains protected.
Prior to joining Howard & Howard, Mr. McGee worked in industry at Fortune 500 medical technologies firms and Tier-1 automotive suppliers as an engineer, materials scientist, and legal aide. He has broad experience in all aspects of product research, development, testing, and launch.
- Thomas M. Cooley Law School at Lansing, 2013
- J.D., cum laude
- Kettering University, 2008
- B.S., Mechanical Engineering
- Michigan IP Inn of Court, 2021-Present
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- Michigan Intellectual Property Law Association
- Beta Theta Pi Fraternity
- Michigan, 2013
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, 2016
- Michigan Super Lawyers, "Rising Stars," 2023
- Michigan Lawyers Weekly Up & Coming Lawyers, 2022