“I provide legal counsel to my clients on commercial transactions, technology matters, and regulatory solutions.”
A.C. has been a fixture in the gaming industry since 1998. Prior to joining Howard & Howard, he served as vice president-legal and chief gaming counsel for the gaming division of Scientific Games Corporation. There, A.C. managed the gaming contract department with the responsibility of administrating thousands of commercial contracts annually. He has personally negotiated hundreds of complex transactional and technology matters and supported the regulatory compliance department in gaming licensing and product approvals. Additionally, A.C. has provided general legal support in areas where his unique insight was requested.
Prior to Scientific Games, he served as general counsel for Rocket Gaming Systems where he built and managed the company's first in-house legal and compliance departments responsible for the management of the company's intellectual property portfolio, administering regulatory and product compliance matters, and supporting the human resources team. A.C. also served on Rocket's executive leadership team, assisting in creating corporate strategies to help the company reach its business goals.
Before joining Rocket, he served as assistant general counsel for Bally Technologies, where he held similar responsibilities for gaming commercial and transactional work, regulatory matters, government affairs, and human resources support.
A.C. has worked with advanced technology developments that impact gaming operators and manufacturers such as Software as a Service delivery (SaaS), cloud solutions, and the advancement of fintech in the gaming experience. He has also managed company legal matters working closely with outside law firms affording him a client’s perspective and understanding of advancing business interests while accomplishing intended legal outcomes. A.C. has also worked extensively with tribal gaming and Class II operational matters since this segment of the gaming industry greatly expanded in the 2000s.
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law, 1994
- University of Pittsburgh, 1991
- State Bar of Nevada
- Gaming Law Section Executive Committee, 2015–present
- Association of Gaming Equipment Manufacturers, Counsel, 2014–2015
- Nevada, 1999
- Pennsylvania, 1994
- Nevada Bar Association, Gaming Law Section eNewsletter, "Cashless Is (the New) King," pp. 2-3, July 2020.
- Nevada Bar Association, Gaming Law Section eNewsletter, "Nevada Gaming Suppliers Welcome Generation Z, p.1, July 2019.
- Nevada Gaming Lawyer Magazine, "Casino Systems Regulation," pp. 52-54, September 2018.
- Nevada Gaming Lawyer Magazine, "Wagering Accounts and Other Events," pp. 63-66, September 2017.
- Nevada Gaming Lawyer Magazine, "Senate Bill 9 Comes to Life: The (Slot) Future is Now," pp. 30-36, September 2016.