“Mr. McGlynn concentrates his practice in intellectual property law.”
His practice includes all phases of the preparation and prosecution of patent applications, trademarks, and copyrights in the U.S. and foreign countries, as well as intellectual property licensing and related litigation throughout the U.S. In this capacity, he oversees worldwide patent and trademark portfolios owned by his clients. In addition to his extensive litigation experience, Mr. McGlynn has served as both a facilitative mediator and expert witness on U.S. Patent and Trademark Office procedural matters related to the infringement and validity of patents in a number of cases. He brings his clients a diverse range of legal experience counseling authors, artisans, manufacturers, and software corporations to ensure they have in place appropriate copyright and trade secret protection. He represents a full range of clients from large, multinational, multimillion, and multibillion dollar corporations to individual inventors, authors, and trademark owners.
His undergraduate studies included an emphasis in advanced thermodynamics, gas turbine theory and design, internal combustion engines, and nuclear power. While pursuing his undergraduate degree in engineering, Mr. McGlynn was employed by Pontiac Motors Product Engineering as a member of the Intake, Exhaust, Emission, and Fuel Design Staff. Thereafter, he was employed full-time at an intellectual property law firm. During this period, he attended law school, where he served as editor and then managing editor for the Law Review.
- Detroit College of Law, 1988
- J.D., cum laude
- Michigan Technological University, 1984
- B.S., Mechanical Engineering
- American Bar Association
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- State Bar of Michigan
- Intellectual Property Law Section
- Michigan Intellectual Property Law Association
- Oakland County Bar Association
- Michigan IP Inn of Court
- Michigan, 1988
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit, 1991
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Michigan, 1991
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, 1989
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit, 1989
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan, 1988
- The Best Lawyers in America©, 2016; 2019-2020
- Michigan Super Lawyers, 2006-2019
- Michigan Leading Lawyers, 2015-2020
- dbusiness, "Top Lawyers," 2010; 2016-2020
- Martindale-Hubbell® AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rating
- University of Notre Dame, Adjunct Professor
- Masters of Science in Patent Law, 2016
- Michigan Technological University, Mechanical Engineering Department Graduating Class, Order of the Engineer Ceremony, keynote speaker, December 9, 2014, Houghton, MI.
- Michigan State College of Law, "Law Review," March 15, 2018, Lansing, MI.
“I support Racquet Up Detroit.”
Racquet Up Detroit is an out-of-school program which focuses intensively on the long-term development of Detroit youth by promoting their education, health, and character development. Through academic tutoring, health and fitness coaching, and youth development, Racquet Up aims to achieve 100% high school graduation and 100% college enrollment among its students.