Royal Oak, Mich., September 18, 2017 –Howard & Howard will host a seminar entitled 'The Business of Cannabis: Everything You Need to Know from Industry Professionals' on October 12, 2017 from 4:00 – 7:30 p.m. at The Reserve. The Reserve is located at 325 South Eton Street in Birmingham, Mich.
Six presenters will address numerous aspects of developing, licensing and operating medical cannabis-related businesses and compliance with the state’s medical marijuana regulations:
- Shelley Edgerton, Director, Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs – Edgerton will discuss and answer questions regarding the Michigan Medical Marihuana Facilities Act.
- Chris Casey, Windrock Wealth Management – Casey will discuss investment opportunities in Michigan’s medical marijuana industry.
- Clarence Dass, Attorney, The Dass Law Firm – Dass, a former Oakland County, Mich. Assistant Prosecuting Attorney, will discuss the problematic dichotomy between federal and state laws.
- Geno Mattioda, Principal, Provant Insurance Group – Mattioda will address a range of business insurance and liability issues relevant to owners and operators of medical marijuana-related businesses in Michigan.
- Walt McGrail, Senior Manager, Cendrowski Corporate Advisors – McGrail will talk about accounting, state and federal taxation and related compliance issues for state medical cannabis businesses.
- Alex Leonowicz, Attorney, Howard & Howard – Leonowicz will explore the state’s licensing application process, various corporate structuring options and related topics.
Tickets for the October 12 seminar “The Business of Cannabis: Everything You Need to Know from Industry Professionals” are $100 and available at: http://bit.ly/2wXyBF1
About Howard & Howard
Founded in 1869, Howard & Howard is a full-service law firm with a national and international practice that provides legal services to businesses and business owners. The firm has offices in Michigan (Ann Arbor and Royal Oak); Illinois (Chicago and Peoria); Las Vegas, Nevada; and Los Angeles, California. Howard & Howard’s major areas of practice include: bankruptcy and creditors’ rights; business and corporate; commercial litigation; employee benefits; environmental; estate planning; franchising; intellectual property; labor, employment and immigration; mergers and acquisitions; real estate; securities; and tax. Our distinguished backgrounds provide us with a solid understanding of the industries we serve, including, automotive and industrial; cannabis; commodity futures; construction; energy and utilities; financial services; gaming; healthcare; and hospitality. For more information, please visit the firm’s website at www.howardandhoward.com.