Mr. Seidel primarily represents regulated electric, gas and water public utilities.
On behalf of his public utility clients, Mr. Seidel has:
- litigated rate cases,
- provided advice for reorganizations,
- conducted prudence reviews of fuel and gas purchases,
- participated in electricity deregulation proceedings and administrative rulemaking,
- sought power plant certification, and
- provided counsel for utility financing.
In addition, Mr. Seidel has significant experience with commercial real estate transactions and conducts commercial litigation cases in federal and state courts.
Mr. Seidel is a Phi Beta Kappa graduate of the University of Notre Dame where he received his B.A., summa cum laude, in Economics in 1975. He is a graduate and Harno Fellow of the University of Illinois, Urbana Law School, where he received his J.D.
Mr. Seidel is a member of the Chicago Bar Association and has served as the Chairman and Vice Chairman of its Public Utility Law Committee.