“I pride myself on results, often achieved after hard-fought battle.”
Ryan A. Ellis is a litigator with significant experience in the courtroom, handling general business, employment, sports, media, and entertainment matters. He regularly represents high-profile clients and is often involved with high-stakes, bet-the-company litigation. By leveraging his accounting and courtroom experience, Ryan is a force for his clients at the bargaining table, all while mitigating litigation risk. To achieve his clients' goals, he is hands-on in working with clients to thoroughly understand their businesses and the legal issues they face. Combining Ryan's experience with his deep understanding of the law, he is able to achieve swift, efficient results for his clients.
- Whittier Law School, 2010
- J.D., magna cum laude
- Certificate in Business Law
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas, 2007
- B.S., Accounting
- American Bar Association
- Trial Evidence Committee, Programming, Co-chair
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Sports Law Association
- California, 2010
- Nevada, 2011
- Michigan, 2016
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit, 2018
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California, 2016
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California, 2014
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California, 2013
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California, 2011
- U.S. District Court, District of Nevada, 2011
- Obtained a multimillion-dollar verdict in a complex breach of contract jury trial.
- Successfully represented a movie studio in complex securities fraud litigation involving allegations of fraudulent transfer.
- Represented a multi-national, multi-platinum recording artist in a month-long jury trial.
- RSM International, "I Was Told There Wouldn’t Be Any Math," November 28-29, 2018, Los Angeles, CA.