“I am a business attorney who concentrates his practice in the areas of mergers, acquisitions, and business transactions.”
Mr. Miettinen practices in the areas of mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures (domestic and international); corporate; partnership law; real estate; healthcare; business law; commercial law; contracts; and finance law. He also has extensive experience in drafting and negotiating all types of business contracts and transactions. Mr. Miettinen has served as lead counsel in negotiating and documenting thousands of business transactions in numerous industries throughout the world.
- Wayne State University Law School, 1985
- J.D., magna cum laude
- Wayne Law Review, Senior Associate Editor
- Wayne State University, 1981
- B.A., with high distinction
- State Bar of Michigan
- Business, Real Property, and Health Care Law Sections
- American Bar Association
- Business Law and Health Law Sections
- Macomb County Interfaith Volunteer Caregivers
- Board of Directors
- Two-term President
- St. Louise de Marillac Parish Pastoral Council, Warren, MI, two-term President
- Michigan, 1985
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan, 1985
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Michigan, 1985
- dbusiness, "Top Lawyers," 2010; 2012-2014; 2016-2019
- Michigan Super Lawyers, 2011-2018
- Michigan Leading Lawyers, 2014-2019
- Martindale-Hubbell® AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rating
- Lead counsel in acquisitions and sales of automotive dealerships.
- Lead counsel in the sale of an aftermarket truck accessories manufacturer based in Michigan.
- Lead counsel in the sale of a Tier I automotive prototype manufacturer based in Michigan.
- Lead counsel in the sale of a large regional distributor of power generators.
Lead counsel in the sale of a specialty heat treating business based in Michigan.
- Lead counsel in the sale of a Tier I automotive molding supply company based in Toledo, Ohio.
- Lead counsel in the sale of a leading supplier of specialty/proprietary fasteners.
- Lead counsel in joint venture formation between a leading Japanese automotive supply company and a U.S. product development firm.
Lead counsel in the sale of the division of a U.S. automotive supply company to a Japanese based company.
- Lead counsel in acquisition and subsequent sale of one of the leading worldwide manufacturers of poultry processing machinery and equipment based in the Netherlands.
- Lead counsel in the sale of a leading nation-wide manufacturer of products for the window and door hardware industry (including the foregoing group of companies) based in Hazleton, Pennsylvania.
- Lead counsel in acquisition of Tier I automotive stamping manufacturers based in Troy and New Baltimore, Michigan and Windsor, Ontario.
- Lead counsel in the sale of a leading U.S. based software development firm, that specializes in computer aided design software for virtual prototyping and robotic simulation, to a leading French software development firm.
- Lead counsel in the acquisition of window and door hardware manufacturers based in both North Carolina and Mississauga, Ontario.
Lead counsel in the acquisition of a manufacturer of solid surface countertops.
- Lead counsel in the acquisition of an automotive prototype stamping manufacturer based in Harrison Township, Michigan.
- Lead counsel in the acquisition of automotive trim manufacturer of door panel inserts based in Owosso, Michigan.
- Lead counsel in the sale of an interest in a leading U.S. based software development firm, who specializes in computer aided design software for virtual prototyping and robotic simulation, to a Japanese based firm.
- Lead counsel in the acquisition of a fastener hardware manufacturer based in Brampton, Ontario.
- Lead counsel in the acquisition of a gold and diamond merchant company based in New York, New York.
- Lead counsel in the acquisition of zinc and aluminum die casting manufacturers based in both Virginia and Pacoima, California.
Lead counsel in the acquisition of interest in a mid-sized printing manufacturing company.
- Lead counsel in the acquisitions and sales of several automotive coatings manufacturers.
- Academy of Risk Management, "Healthcare Reform: Where Do We Stand and Where are We Going?" October 22, 2014, Troy, MI.
Mr. Miettinen has served on the boards of directors of several local charities and foundations.
Mr. Miettinen has also served on the pastoral counsel of his local church, including serving as president for several terms.