“I am an experienced attorney who assists clients in defining and executing strategies to achieve client-driven results.”
Jennifer is an accomplished, flexible, solutions-focused attorney with a broad range of litigation and transactional experience. She represents business clients providing guidance in corporate and transaction matters, including asset purchases and stock sales; negotiating and preparing commercial, acquisition, and financing agreements; and the preparation, negotiation, and review of a variety of other agreements, including employment contracts, vendor agreements, and construction agreements. Jennifer is experienced in franchise law and assists franchisors with preparing and updating Franchise Disclosure Documents, preparing franchise and other agreements, and advising on issues related to the franchise system and management of franchisees. She monitors privacy regulations, such as GDPR and CCPA, and counsels clients on data protection best practices. Jennifer consults clients on how to comply with privacy regulations and prepares privacy policies and other required agreements.
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas, William S. Boyd School of Law, 2005
- J.D., cum laude
- Sonoma State University, 2002
- B.A., cum laude
- American Bar Association
- Clark County Bar Association
- Associated General Contractors of America
- International Franchise Association
- International Association of Privacy Professionals
- Nevada, 2005
- California, 2016
- U.S. District Court, District of Nevada, 2005
Lead counsel to contractor in the sale of a company for $11.5MM, including negotiation and drafting of unit purchase agreement and schedules thereto, promissory notes, escrow agreements, employment agreements, and lease agreements, along with other corporate documentation and consents.
Counsel to contractor in sale of a company for $17MM, including negotiation and drafting of stock purchase agreement and schedules thereto, promissory notes, escrow agreements, employment agreements, and lease agreements, along with other corporate documentation and consents.
Represented an equipment sales and leasing company as lead counsel at a four-day trial and in the subsequent appeal. Our client was awarded over $1.3MM after prevailing on appeal, including attorney's fees, costs, and interest. Our representation also included argument before the Nevada Supreme Court. Cashman Equip. Co. v. W. Edna Assocs., Ltd., 132 Nev. Adv. Op 69, 380 P.3d 844 (2016).
- Represented a property owner in defense of a mechanic's lien claim and obtained reversal on appeal of an improperly granted summary judgment motion. Tom v. Innovative Home Sys., LLC, 132 Nev. Adv. Op. 15, 368 P.3d 1219 (Nev. App. 2016).
- Howard & Howard/RSM, "The Best Defense is a Good Offense–Anticipating and Solving Deal Issues," November 28, 2018, Las Vegas, NV; November 29, 2018, Los Angeles, CA.
- Association of Corporate Counsel, Nevada Chapter, "Unicorns, Fairies, the Perfect Contract, and Other Myths," July 25, 2016, Las Vegas, NV.