“I am a corporate and mergers and acquisitions attorney who advises clients regarding strategic business transactions.”
Mr. Hoover concentrates his practice in the areas of business transactions and corporate matters, including mergers, acquisitions and reorganizations of business entities, corporate finance, commercial lending, and real estate.
He has assisted clients in structuring and negotiating acquisitions of other businesses, including acquisitions through bankruptcy sales. He also has experience with structuring and negotiating the sales of businesses, assisting entrepreneurs in organizing and structuring new business ventures, documenting complex commercial lending transactions, and negotiating and documenting workout transactions on behalf of commercial lenders.
- Thomas M. Cooley Law School, 2007
- J.D., magna cum laude
- Eastern Michigan University
- M.B.A., 2004
- B.B.A., 2001
Not licensed or admitted to practice law in the state of Illinois
- Michigan, 2008
- Michigan Super Lawyers, "Rising Stars," 2011-2018
- Michigan Leading Lawyers, 2016-2019
- M&A Advisor's International M&A Awards, "Professional Services (B-to-B) Deal of the Year Advisors Award," 2018
- dbusiness, "Top Lawyers," 2013-2014
Represented Continental Cafe, LLC, a Troy, Michigan based food services supplier, in its recapitalization and investment transaction with New Heritage Capital Partners in January, 2017, as well as in its five subsequent add-on acquisitions from 2017 to 2019.
- Represented Baker Industries, Inc., an aerospace and automotive tooling supplier headquartered in Macomb, Michigan, in the sale of its business to Lincoln Electric, a publicly traded company headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio.
Represented a large regional equipment sales and leasing company in its $300MM+ recapitalization and refinancing transaction.
“I have been a board member of Winning Futures since 2012, supporting its youth mentoring programs.”
I have also been a board member of the Brain Injury Association of Michigan since 2014, supporting the mission to improve the lives of people suffering from traumatic brain injuries.