“I provide counseling on a broad spectrum of corporate and commercial matters to public and closely held businesses.”
Since the 1970's, Hank has represented many Chicago area businesses with worldwide foot prints. Those businesses operate primarily in manufacturing, distribution, and financial markets. Hank has handled numerous merger and acquisition transactions and, for many years, represented a lender providing loans to equipment leasing companies for acquisition of equipment leased to Fortune 500 companies. Since 1990, Hank has served as corporate counsel to SigmaTron International, Inc., an electronic manufacturing services provider that has grown from a one-plant operation in Elk Grove Village, Illinois, to a publicly traded company with facilities in the U.S., Mexico, China, Vietnam, and Taiwan.
Throughout his diverse corporate legal career, Hank has also represented companies in the sale and acquisition of complete businesses and business units, as well as the establishment and operation of joint venture entities. He has made it a priority to earn the trust and confidence of high-level executive officers and often represents them and the trusts created for their families.
- University of Chicago Law School, 1969
- London School of Economics Law School, 1971
- University of North Carolina, 1966
- Illinois State Bar Association, 2008-present
- Chicago Bar Association, 1972-present
- Commercial Law Committee, 1979-present
- Securities Law Committee, 1973-1978
- Illinois, 1969
- Illinois Leading Lawyers, 2010-2021
- Illinois Super Lawyers, 2005-2007
- Martindale-Hubbell® AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rating
- Served as counsel to The Martin-Brower Company, a leading distributor to McDonald's and other fast food and casual dining restaurants, for over 25 years. Edit
- Until its sale in 2014, served as counsel to the worldwide leader in manufacturing and sales of film printing, cleaning, and inspection equipment to the motion picture industry in addition to disc inspection and repair equipment. Edit
“I serve as a director of Altus Academy, a faith-based independent middle school, located in Chicago's Lawndale area.”
Altus Academy offers superior education to Hispanic and African American children of low-income parents. The Academy has an enviable record of developing character in its students and helping its graduates excel in college preparatory high schools.
I have also been active in my church, St. Paul and the Redeemer, in Hyde Park, serving two terms as warden and chancellor, along with two terms on its Vestry. In addition, I formed St. Paul and the Redeemer's Finance Committee and have been in charge of its investments for many years.