“I solve clients' legal problems.”
Mr. Andreasen counsels public sector and private enterprise clients on matters related to governance issues, mergers and acquisitions, litigation strategy/settlement negotiations, commercial contracts, real estate, finance, and IP strategies. He has served as bank, borrower, bond, and company counsel on public and corporate finance transactions that in the aggregate exceed $1 billion in value. He has represented public and private companies closing national and multinational acquisitions and divestitures in multiple disciplines, including automotive, real estate, manufacturing, food service, retail, telecommunications, healthcare, and agricultural. Mr. Andreasen serves as corporation counsel to the city of Taylor, Michigan's 17th largest city.
- Brigham Young University, J. Reuben Clark Law School, 1987
- Brigham Young University, 1983
- American Bar Association
- Michigan, 1987
- dbusiness, "Top Lawyers," 2010; 2014; 2019
- Michigan Leading Lawyers, 2018-2019
- Martindale-Hubbell® AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rating
Counsel to a private equity portfolio company in a $42MM, multinational credit facility and recapitalization.
Counsel to a Nasdaq traded manufacturing company on numerous acquisitions as part of an industry rollup in multiple states. The enterprise value was in excess of $100MM.
- Counsel to manufacturing company in disposition of manufacturing assets and separately held intellectual property rights to an India publicly traded company.
Counsel to industrial service provider in a multi-state acquisition rollup of six industrial service provider companies. The enterprise value was in excess of $100MM.
Counsel to a building owner in developing, negotiating, and drafting a $1MM roof top access easement for telecommunication equipment company with an ongoing monthly residual to building owner as new telecommunication equipment companies access the site.
Counsel to municipality for a $28MM, 140,000 square foot sportsplex facility including site acquisition and financing, as well as negotiating all design build contracts, leases, and property management agreements.
Counsel to a municipality in $14.5MM case of first impression regarding a public/private residential real estate development using the municipality's Brownfield Redevelopment Authority for project financing to redevelop 82 acres of previously vacant/obsolete property.
- Counsel on securities offerings to multiple broker-dealers and entrepreneurs in capital raises and entity organization for a myriad of ventures, such as wine production, real estate (commercial/residential, assisted living), food services, automotive, manufacturing, IP licensing, and tech start-ups.
- Counsel to food service provider on all matters including franchise matters, food commissaries/distribution, litigation, tax compliance, and real estate transactions.
- Counsel to healthcare providers/physician groups in partnership and ACO formations, regulatory compliance, and deal structure.
- Counsel to broker dealer on capital raises, private placement memoranda, securities offerings, entity formation, and non-competes.
Obtained a $1MM public safety federal earmark for a 12-community public safety consortium.
Counsel to local 911 public service provider on $12MM facility upgrade, including cell tower acquisitions/access agreements, public finance, contract negotiations with equipment manufacturers, and amending state legislation allowing the 911 public service provider to pledge its 911 revenues in order to finance the project.
“I serve as an honorary board member of the Ted Lindsay Foundation, and support its dedication to autism research.”
I value education as demonstrated by serving on the board of trustees to the Grosse Pointe Academy, a private Pre-K to 8th grade educational institution from 2008-2012.
I'm deeply involved at the Country Club of Detroit, now serving a second three-year term on the board of governors from 2015-present.
Additionally, I am a board member of the Detroit/Wayne County Stadium Authority (2016-present) and a member of the Brigham Young University Law School Alumni Association.