“I advise clients on matters related to creditors' rights, labor and employment law, and related immigration law.”
Grace represents secured and unsecured creditors in litigation. Her experience includes handling commercial and residential foreclosures, proofs of claims in probate litigation and bankruptcy litigation, debt collection and enforcement, loan workouts, deed in lieu of foreclosure, and commercial loan documentation.
In addition, Grace counsels and defends employer clients with complex litigation involving wrongful discharge, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Family and Medical Leave Act, federal and state wage and hour claims, and internal investigations of alleged workplace misconduct.
- The John Marshall Law School, 2007
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2001
- B.A., with honors
- American Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Judicial Evaluations Committee
- Illinois, 2008
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit, 2013
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Illinois, 2012
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois, 2011
- U.S. District Court, Central District of Illinois, 2010
- Grace has been named to the Illinois Super Lawyers, "Rising Stars" list. The "Rising Stars" selection process is based on peer recognition and professional achievement. Only 2.5 percent of Illinois lawyers under the age of 40 or who have been practicing 10 years or less earn this designation.
- She has been named to Illinois Leading Lawyers, "Emerging Lawyers." This honor is earned by less than 2 percent of all lawyers licensed to practice law in Illinois. This honor recognizes exceptional lawyering skills and significant contributions to the legal profession.
- Grace has been named to "40 Leaders Under Forty" by InterBusiness Issues magazine. This honor recognizes exceptional leadership qualities and substantial involvement in the local community.
- ISBA LawEd, "Sexual Harassment Claims: Key Topics for Initial Client Interview," June 3, 2015, Chicago, IL.
- ISBA Solo and Small Firm Practice Institute, "Checklists for Hiring and Firing Employees," April 16, 2015, East Peoria, IL.
- Employment Law Beyond the Basics, "Advanced FMLA and ADA Issues," June 5, 2014, Champaign, IL.
- ISBA Annual Solo Small Firm Conference, "Employment Law: It's a Date. Spot the Issues and Know your Deadlines," October 4, 2013, Itasca, IL.
- Peoria County Bar Association Federal Practice Seminar, "Filing Confidential Matters–How to Do It, When to Do It, What is Required, Protective Orders, etc.," July 16, 2013, Peoria, IL.
- National Business Institute, "The Fair Debt Collection Practices Act," May 22, 2012, Peoria, IL.