“I am a litigator who handles high-stakes matters and helps sophisticated clients successfully resolve their disputes.”
Mr. Esshaki concentrates his practice in all aspects of litigation, including securities litigation, white collar and regulatory defense, employment, investigations, and shareholder disputes.
- University of Michigan Law School, 2016
- Oakland University, 2012
- B.I.S., summa cum laude
- Oakland Community College, 2010
- A.A.S., summa cum laude, Applied Science/Nursing
- Michigan, 2019
- New York, 2017
- Assisted and counseled a prominent public interest client in successfully negotiating a settlement and release of employment discrimination claims asserted by a senior management official.
- Counseled a Fortune 100 company in the enforcement of non-compete agreements entered into with former employees.
- Represented the special committee of a multinational food company in a suit brought by shareholders alleging breach of fiduciary duty relating to the special committee’s approval of a merger for $1B.
- Conducted an internal investigation on behalf of a large multinational bank in connection with a FINRA inquiry relating to fraudulent bond trading.
Represented a large New York based private equity firm involved in a shareholder dispute for more than $200MM relating to its preferred position in one of its portfolio companies.
- Conducted an internal investigation and represented a CEO of a public company in connection with criminal and regulatory investigations relating to allegations of accounting fraud.
- Conducted an internal investigation on behalf of a Fortune 100 technology company relating to a SEC inquiry into various forms of accounting fraud.