“I advise my financial institution clients concerning corporate, regulatory, compliance, and acquisition matters.”
Donna focuses her practice on corporate, regulatory, and compliance matters for financial institutions. She regularly represents financial institutions and their holding companies in connection with mergers and acquisitions and other strategic corporate actions, including charter conversions. In addition, she works with highly regulated companies to ensure their continuing compliance with federal and state laws and regulations.
- St. Louis University School of Law, 1985
- J.D., cum laude
- Washington University in St. Louis, 1981
- B.S., with honors
- Peoria County Bar Association
- Illinois, 1986
- Missouri, 1985 (Inactive)
- Illinois Leading Lawyers, 2014-2019
- Martindale-Hubbell® AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rating
Counsel to a publicly traded bank holding company in connection with a stock-for-stock merger with large regional financial services company. We were responsible for negotiating the merger agreement, preparing the proxy statement, counseling board and shareholders regarding the transaction, and preparing the employment and incentive arrangements for certain continuing employees.Edit
Counsel to an Illinois based bank holding company regarding their restructuring and initial public offering, which was followed by a sale, in a stock-for-stock merger, to a large regional financial services company. We were responsible for drafting the restructuring documents, drafting and filing Form S-1 for the IPO, drafting the Nasdaq listing application, 1934 Act filings after the IPO, and counseling board and executives through the public sale process.Edit
- Community Bankers Association of Illinois, Community Bankers School, "Borrower Claims, Spousal Signatures and ECOA/Regulation B, and Liquidation Issues," July 18, 2018, Bloomington, IL.
- Community Bankers Association of Illinois, 43rd Annual Convention and Expo, "Privacy, Policy, and Platform Integrity: Real Headaches in a Virtual World," September 16, 2017, Springfield, IL.