“I represent clients in state and federal courts, as well as before state, federal, and regulatory agencies.”
Chris focuses his practice in all areas of business and commercial litigation, including shareholder disputes, derivative lawsuits, mergers and acquisitions, labor and employment, intellectual property, trade secrets, non-compete agreements, and non-solicitation agreements.
Before joining Howard & Howard, Chris was a litigation associate at an education law firm. In that capacity, he represented educational institutions in state and federal courts, as well as before state and federal agencies. He also advised educational institutions on a variety of legal matters, including labor and employment, students and special education, and board governance. After graduating law school and before entering private practice, Chris was a judicial law clerk for Justice Kathryn E. Zenoff of the Illinois Appellate Court.
In addition to his role at Howard & Howard, Chris is an adjunct professor at Loyola University Chicago School of Law, where he teaches a class on civil appeals.
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law, 2015
- J.D., cum laude
- Illinois Wesleyan University, 2012
- B.A., cum laude, Political Science
- Illinois, 2015
- U.S. District Court, Central District of Illinois, 2018
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois, 2017
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America, 2024
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law
- Adjunct Professor, Appellate Advocacy, 2018-present
- Obtained dismissal with prejudice on behalf of a client with respect to claims by former employee seeking reinstatement into former employment position. Edit
- Successfully represented multiple clients in preliminary injunction proceedings and evidentiary hearings before the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois. Edit
Authored appellate brief that led to a published opinion in client's favor before the Illinois Appellate Court. Stimeling v. Peoria Public School District 150, 2018 IL App (3d) 170567.Edit
Appellate Lawyers Association, "Effective Appellate Advocacy in Termination of Parental Rights Cases," January 28, 2021, webinar.