“I counsel and represent clients through all aspects of obtaining, licensing, and litigating patents and other intellectual property.”
Chris' experience includes representing foreign and domestic companies across diverse technologies, including automotive, semiconductors, medical devices, electronic gaming, and software. He has experience representing companies in a range of different venues that include federal district courts, AIA reviews before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board, and Section 337 investigations before the U.S. International Trade Commission.
An experienced engineer, Chris counsels companies for targeted identification and development of novel technologies, believing that collaborative efforts between legal and technical functions maximizes efficiencies in achieving a valuable and enforceable portfolio of intellectual property assets. He has experience conducting patentability investigations for inventive concepts, clearance investigations for commercial introduction of new products, and developing non-infringement and invalidity positions when faced with allegations of infringement.
- University of Toledo College of Law, 2011
- J.D., magna cum laude
- University of Michigan, 2006
- B.S.E., cum laude, Mechanical Engineering
- Oakland County Bar Association
- Michigan Intellectual Property Law Association
- Federal Circuit Bar Association
- Michigan IP Inn of Court
- Michigan, 2011
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit, 2018
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan, 2016
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Michigan, 2016
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, 2012
- Michigan State University College of Law, "Patent Application Preparation—Different Claim Styles & Types; Intro to Patent Prosecution," November, 2017; November, 2018, East Lansing, MI.
- Michigan IP Inn of Court, "2016-2017 Supreme Court IP Review/Preview," November 15, 2017, Ferndale, MI.
- MidMichigan Innovation Center, "MMIC 2nd Annual Patent Camp," September 18, 2015, Midland, MI.