“I help clients overcome the challenges they face when doing business in their industries.”
Ariane M. Janz advises businesses on issues involving complex commercial litigation in state and federal courts. These issues include contract disputes, unfair commercial practices, intellectual property infringement, trade secrets, and more. Ariane has also worked on labor and employment matters and gained exposure to International Chamber of Commerce arbitration.
- University of Iowa College of Law, 2015
- Syracuse University, 2011
- B.A., summa cum laude, International Relations; Minor, Economics, Political Science
- Chicago Bar Association
- Commercial Litigation Section, Member and Legislative Liaison
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Business Network International
- Legacy Referral Chapter, Member
- Illinois, 2015
- Minnesota, 2016
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Northern District of Illinois, 2019
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan, 2018
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana, 2018
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois, 2017
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit, 2017
- Native German speaker.
- Prior work experience includes: U.S. Department of Justice in Washington, D.C., at the U.S. National Central Bureau Interpol; U.S. Department of State at the U.S. Embassy in Berlin, Germany; Loschelder Rechtsanwaelte law firm in Cologne, Germany; New Citizens Voice nonprofit organization in London, England.
- Successfully contested motions to dismiss (consolidated cases) in the Richard J. Daley Court of Illinois involving breach of contract and retaliatory discharge claims.
- Successfully contested a motion to compel in the U.S. District Court for Northern Illinois involving a trademark infringement matter.
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law, "Judicial Clerkship," panelist, October 10, 2017; 2018, Chicago, IL.