“I believe a successful transaction should feel like a victory for both sides.”
Aaron concentrates his practice in the financial services industry, representing national, regional, and community lenders in real estate and asset-based financing, with an emphasis on syndicated and participated loans.
Included in his practice is a focus on corporate and real estate transactions, including advising businesses and business owners on commercial real estate sale, acquisition, development, and leasing; mergers and acquisitions; and general business planning.
In addition to his transactional experience, Aaron also advises his business clients on the importance of succession and estate planning.
- DePaul University College of Law, 1995
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 1992
- Chicago Bar Association
- Chicago Mortgage Attorneys Association
- Small Business Advocacy Counsel
- Illinois, 1995
- Buffalo Grove Lincolnshire Chamber of Commerce, Vice-president
- Corporate counsel to a 3D printing company with respect to Series A investment by international aerospace client. Edit
- Represented a sole lender in series of construction loan facilities for stand alone medical offices. Edit
- Represented a sole lender in credit facility relating to acquisition of plastics manufacturing company by strategic investors. Edit
Advised a co-lender in $500MM revolving and term facility for regional national gas pipeline.Edit
Lead negotiation and oversight for multimillion-dollar sale of majority interest in two companies, including drafting of contribution agreement, operating agreements, non-competition agreements, consulting agreement, assignment documents, and other corporate documentation and consents.Edit
Represented a participant in a $7.5MM leveraged loan for a project supported by New Market Tax Credits.Edit
- Represented the real estate purchaser of a suburban industrial site, including negotiations relating to environmental remediation. Edit
- Provided lender representation and documentation for a credit facility involving taxable bond proceeds utilized in municipal supported rehabilitation of an industrial site converted to mixed-use. Edit
Represented a sole lender in $135MM revolving loan facility secured, in part, by marketable securities.Edit
Lead negotiation and drafting of multimillion-dollar sale of business with multiple locations, including negotiation and drafting of asset purchase agreements, disclosure schedules, assignment documents to transfer obligations to purchaser, along with other corporate documentation and consents, including director consents.Edit