At Howard & Howard, we've assembled attorneys from all legal disciplines who have the sound judgment, creativity and vision to shepherd your project from conception to completion.
Think of all the factors that come into play in modern commercial, industrial and residential real estate transactions or development projects. We work as a team—and win for you.
Real Estate services include:
- Entity selection and formation
- Acquisition, disposition and tax-deferred exchanges
- Development, architectural and construction contracts
- Title defects and irregularities
- Financing and syndication
- Leasing, licensing and temporary uses
- Planning, zoning and other government entitlements
- Liquor licensing
- Development incentives including TIF, DDA loans and Brownfield Redevelopment
- Environmental litigation and regulation
- Easements and boundary issues
- Residential and commercial condominium development and conversion
- Retail development
- Condemnation/eminent domain
- Brokerage and property management
- Foreclosure, workouts and business bankruptcy
- Federal, state and local taxation and appeals
Fortune 500 companies with extensive national real estate portfolios are not too big for Howard & Howard's experienced real estate attorneys and the single commercial parcel is not too small.
Regardless of the size of your deal—or the complexity of the issues—we deliver high-quality, on-time work at a lower price than most law firms providing comparable real estate services.
How we work for you
- Howard & Howard conducts a national and international real estate practice, with attorneys who have handled deals in almost every major U.S. city and more than nine foreign countries.
- Howard & Howard handles a higher volume of real estate transactions with greater dollar value attached than almost any other law firm in Michigan.
- Howard & Howard attorneys monitor current real estate issues in the courts and draft contracts for clients so that their agreements evolve to anticipate and reflect changes in the law.
- Howard & Howard's real estate group has played an integral role in helping to establish law for the industry at the appellate level.
- The attorneys in this practice area handle all facets of real estate law including acquisitions, land use, zoning, development issues, landlord/tenant issues, contractor disputes and financing, with additional services provided as needed.
Howard & Howard's real estate attorneys approach every project with this philosophy:
- Facilitate client objectives
- Find creative solutions
- Produce top-quality work, quickly and efficiently
- Help clients achieve their next level of success with maximum profitability
Howard & Howard attorneys are active members and participants in a number of national organizations including:
- Urban Land Institute (ULI)
- International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
- Building Owners Management Association (BOMO)
- Michigan Downtown Association
- Main Street Advisory Committee