Whether in need of an immediate injunction to prevent damage to your business, a lawsuit prosecuted to assert your contractual and/or statutory rights, or sophisticated representation in a "bet the company" case, our trial lawyers are there for you.
Who are we? We are trial lawyers. We try cases in state and federal courts around the country. We try cases before administrative tribunals and agencies and in arbitration settings.
We win. We add value. We get positive results.
Fortune 500 companies, local businesses, prominent individuals, and non-profit organizations routinely turn to Howard & Howard for business litigation and trial law services, including the following areas:
Our experienced and skilled trial lawyers are locally and nationally respected. We have trial lawyers who are:
- Fellows in the American College of Trial Lawyers
- Fellows of the American Board of Trial Advocates
- Recognized by leading industry publications as:
- "Best Lawyers in America"
- "Super Lawyers"
- "Rising Stars"
- "AV" Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
According to Corporate Counsel magazine, our Commercial Litigation department has been recognized in the "In-House Law Departments at the Top 500 Companies Go-To" list.
We are proud of the broad range of work we have done on behalf of our clients. Some examples are:
- We have won several contract and business tort-based claims for a Fortune 100 company, including defeating a nearly $60,000,000 claim of damage.
- We successfully handled a"bet the company" case concerning legal rights to the company's core product, and a multi-million dollar claim of damages for alleged business torts and intellectual property claims.
- We lowered our energy client's property taxes, through a complex trial, by millions of dollars per year.
- We defeated numerous multi-million dollar patent claims in cases around the country.
- We defeated sales commission claims and have been awarded statutory attorneys fees for doing so.
- We successfully represented manufacturers (medical devices, seatbelts, etc.) in complex, product liability litigation nationwide.
- We obtained immediate, injunctive relief for a nationwide employer against a departing employee to prevent misuse of proprietary information and the inappropriate soliciting of clients.
- Within days of being retained by a Fortune 500 company, we obtained a temporary restraining order and permanent injunction against a former employee who had allegedly stolen proprietary information.
How do we get these results?
We have a team of approximately 50 trial lawyers, in four states, with a breadth of expertise that businesses need and expect in today's litigation climate. We use the latest technologies to efficiently and effectively manage an otherwise expensive discovery process and to skillfully and engagingly present your case to the jury, the judge or the arbitrator.
Our team approach is always sensitive to your time and cost concerns. We listen, we plan, we budget, we inform, and we advise. Your case strategy is not copied from old approaches, based on someone else's case, from years ago. With your input and direction, we use our experience and creativity to develop the right strategy for your business and litigation concerns. We always have your interests in mind. Where appropriate, we resolve cases successfully through use of alternative dispute resolution practice.
We know how to position your case. We know how to try your case. We add value and we win!