Disclaimer and Terms and Conditions of Use
These Terms and Conditions of Use apply whenever you view, access or otherwise use the blog located at [http://howardandhoward.com/blog/] (the “blog”). The blog is owned by Howard & Howard Attorneys PLLC (“Howard & Howard”). We grant you a nonexclusive, nontransferable, limited right to access, use and display the blog and the materials provided in the blog, provided that you comply fully with these Terms and Conditions of Use.
- No Attorney Client Relationship We provide the blog for general informational purposes only. Because Howard & Howard is a law firm and some of the information on the blog relates to legal topics, you understand, appreciate and acknowledge that we do not create an attorney client relationship with you when you view and/or use the blog. We will not provide legal advice through the blog, and will only provide general educational information. By viewing and/or using the blog, you agree that the information on the blog does not constitute legal or other professional advice and no attorney-client or other relationship is created between you and Howard & Howard. The blog should not be considered a substitute for obtaining legal advice from a qualified attorney licensed in your state. The information on the blog may be changed by us without notice and is not guaranteed to be complete, correct, accurate or up-to-date. We try to revise the blog on a regular basis, but it may not reflect the most current legal developments. The opinions expressed at or through the blog are the opinions of the individual author and may not reflect the opinions of Howard & Howard or any individual attorney of Howard & Howard.
- Copyright Notice All materials and software published on or used on the blog are protected by copyright, and are owned or controlled by or licensed to Howard & Howard, or the party listed as the provider of the materials or software. UNAUTHORIZED COPYING, REPRODUCTION, REPUBLISHING, UPLOADING, POSTING, TRANSMITTING OR DUPLICATING OF ANY OF THE MATERIAL OR SOFTWARE IS PROHIBITED. You may download any materials displayed on the blog only for personal, noncommercial and informational purposes, provided that the documents are not modified and provided you maintain and abide by all copyright, trademark and other notices contained in such material or if none, you include the following copyright notice in such materials:
© Copyright 2017 Howard & Howard Attorneys PLLC. All rights reserved. All use subject to Terms and Conditions of Use set forth here.
- Copyright Notification Upon proper notice, Howard & Howard will remove user posted comments, posts, messages, or other submissions on or to the blog that violate copyright law, or suspend access to the blog to any user who repeatedly uses the blog in violation of copyright law.
Pursuant to 17 U.S.C. 512, Howard & Howard has implemented procedures for receiving written notification of claimed copyright infringement and for processing such notification in accordance with law. If you believe your work has been used in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please send Howard & Howard’s copyright agent a notification of claimed infringement with all of the following: (a) identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed; (b) identification of the claimed infringing material and information reasonably sufficient to permit location of the material on the blog; (c) information sufficient to permit Howard & Howard to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and an e-mail address; (d) a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; (e) a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notification is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf; and (f) your physical or electronic signature. Please provide us with a notice that includes all of the above information (“Notice of Infringement”) and fax or mail it to Howard & Howard’s Firm Counsel, Brad A. Rayle:
Howard & Howard Attorneys PLLC
450 West Fourth Street
Royal Oak, MI 48067
Attn: Brad A. Rayle, Firm Counsel
Fax: (248) 645-1568
By submitting a Notice of Infringement, you acknowledge and agree that Howard & Howard may forward your Notice of Infringement and any related communications to any users who posted the material identified in such notice, without any liability on the part of Howard & Howard for doing so.
Please do not send notices or inquiries unrelated to alleged copyright infringement to Howard & Howard’s designated agent.
- Commercial Use of Blog Reproduction, copying, or redistribution of materials on the blog for commercial purposes is prohibited without the express written permission of Howard & Howard. To obtain permission to copy portions of the blog, please send an email to [firstname.lastname@example.org] and provide the following information:
* the content you wish to use;
* when and how it will be used;
* where and how copies will be distributed and to what audience;
* how many copies will be produced and distributed;
* what other materials will be associated with the content; and
* your name, title, company, address, email address and phone number.
Howard & Howard reserves the right to refuse permission to copy, distribute, broadcast, or publish any of its copyrighted material.
- Service Mark Notice “Howard & Howard” and other related marks are service marks of Howard & Howard and are protected by law. They may be used publicly only with permission from Howard & Howard. Fair use of the service marks requires proper acknowledgment.
- Links to Other Websites Links to third party websites are provided solely as a courtesy to our blog visitors. Howard & Howard has no control over the third party sites or the materials, information, goods or services available or contained on those third party sites. Howard & Howard is not responsible for and does not endorse or warrant in any way any materials, information, goods or services available through such third party sites or any privacy or other practices of such third party sites. If you decide to access any of the third party sites, you do so entirely at your own risk.
- Prohibited Actions You agree not to interrupt, or attempt to interrupt, the operation of the blog in any way. You may not use the blog for anything other than a lawful and legitimate purpose. You agree not to use the blog to carry out any unauthorized alteration of any data or information on the blog or to conduct any activity that infringes on the copyright, patent, trademark, service mark or other rights of anyone. You agree not to restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying any service conducted on the blog. We reserve the right to limit or deny your access to the blog or take other appropriate action if you violate any provision of these Terms and Conditions of Use or if you conduct any activity that violates the rights of anyone, or which we in our sole discretion deem unlawful, offensive, threatening, abusive or potentially harmful or malicious.
- Updates to Terms and Conditions of Use We reserve the right to revise these Terms and Conditions of Use at any time by updating these Terms and Conditions of Use. Your continued use of the blog following any such update constitutes your agreement to comply with such update.
- Email May Not Be Used to Provide Notice Communications made through the blog’s e-mail and messaging system shall in no way be deemed to constitute legal notice to Howard & Howard or any of its officers, employees, agents or representatives for instances where notice to Howard & Howard is required by contract, or any federal, state or local laws, rules or regulations.
- Disclaimer; Limitation of Damages Howard & Howard expressly disclaims all liability for any viruses or other contamination of your computer system or other device used to access the blog, and expressly disclaims all liability for actions taken or not taken based on any or all of the contents of the blog. THE BLOG IS PROVIDED “AS IS”, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, SECURITY, ACCURACY AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, HOWARD & HOWARD MAKES NO WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, THAT ACCESS TO OR OPERATION OF THE BLOG WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE. USE OF THE BLOG IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. YOU ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK OF LOSS RESULTING FROM YOUR DOWNLOADING AND/OR USE OF FILES, INFORMATION, OTHER COMMUNICATIONS, CONTENT OR OTHER MATERIAL (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, SOFTWARE) ACCESSED THROUGH OR OBTAINED BY MEANS OF THE BLOG.
- Applicable Laws; Venue Howard & Howard operates the blog from its offices in Royal Oak, Michigan and makes no representations that materials in the blog are appropriate or available for use in other locations. The display of the blog alone does not subject Howard & Howard to any specific jurisdiction. Access to the blog from any territory where the content is illegal is prohibited. If you choose to access the blog from other territories, you do so at your own risk and are solely responsible for compliance with any and all applicable laws, rules and regulations. You may not use or export any of the blog materials in violation of U.S. export laws and regulations. Any claim related to the use of the blog or to the blog materials shall be governed by, construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of Michigan as applied to agreements made and to be performed entirely in the State of Michigan. Any action arising out of or related to the access, use, content, or existence of the blog shall be filed only in the appropriate state or federal court located within the State of Michigan. The access, viewing or use of the blog constitutes the user’s express permission and consent to the jurisdiction of the state and/or federal courts of the State of Michigan for purposes of such actions.